`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Going to Happen in Week 18?

What's Going to Happen in Week 18?
As this forum has been quiet lately, figure I'll try to start a football-related conversation.

Who's in, and who's out, when all is said and done this week?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3299...itles-line

The above link explains the scenarios.

Personally, I think the Colts will beat the Jaguars, which doesn't sound like a stretch, but Jacksonville is Indy's kryptonite; the Colts haven't won in Jville since 2014, I think.

I have the Chargers beating the Raiders. History repeats itself, and the Raiders are on the outside looking in once again.

I think the Bills win the AFC East. Meanwhile, the Titans, already division winners, clinch home-field advantage.

In the much less-complicated NFC, the Rams easily beat the 49ers, clinching the division, while the Saints beat Atlanta, squeaking in as the #7 seed to take on the Bucs on Wild Card... weekend? Monday wild card game, remember that one, folks.

What say you? How's everything going to play out?
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

RE: What's Going to Happen in Week 18?
I think Indianapolis demolishes Jacksonville - Jacksonville is a mess

I agree with the Bills winning the AFC East because if for no other reason, New England struggles with the Dolphins especially in Miami

I think that Dallas beats Philadelphia because the Eagles are smarter than Dallas and don't want to show anything in case they meet next week

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Arizona win the NFC East - I could see Los Angeles losing to San Francisco and Arizona should beat Seattle easily.

Let's talk individual players:

Does Chase beat the rookie receiving record - needs 45 yards. I say, yes, then gets pulled from the game

Does Mike Evans continue his 1,000 yard streak - needs 46 yards - probably not - Evans is Tampa's only healthy receiver and the Bucs have relatively little to play for this week and Evans is banged up - I think they take all precautions for their best remaining weapon

Does Cooper Kupp set the receiving record? Needs 11 receptions and I believe 136 yards to get both all time receptions and yards in a season - this one is interesting, because it is a far from trivial amount of catches and yards. My thought is that he will indeed break both records mainly because I have Kupp on my fantasy team and he'll go off with a ridiculous point total the week after they were eliminated from the title and it no longer matters because that's how fantasy football always works for me - but with this being a must win for the Rams, I actually think Kupp does it

Does Jordan Love create a quarterback competition in Green Bay? LOL, no. Maybe Love creates a trade market, but if Rodgers is there, Rodgers will be starting

Does T.J. Watt set the sacks record? Yes, this is probably the record most likely to fall

Does RJ.'s Detroit Lions set the stage for a big 2022 season? Maybe

(01-07-2022, 02:17 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I think Indianapolis demolishes Jacksonville - Jacksonville is a mess

I agree with the Bills winning the AFC East because if for no other reason, New England struggles with the Dolphins especially in Miami

I think that Dallas beats Philadelphia because the Eagles are smarter than Dallas and don't want to show anything in case they meet next week

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Arizona win the NFC East - I could see Los Angeles losing to San Francisco and Arizona should beat Seattle easily.

Let's talk individual players:

Does Chase beat the rookie receiving record - needs 45 yards.  I say, yes, then gets pulled from the game

Does Mike Evans continue his 1,000 yard streak - needs 46 yards - probably not - Evans is Tampa's only healthy receiver and the Bucs have relatively little to play for this week and Evans is banged up - I think they take all precautions for their best remaining weapon

Does Cooper Kupp set the receiving record?  Needs 11 receptions and I believe 136 yards to get both all time receptions and yards in a season - this one is interesting, because it is a far from trivial amount of catches and yards.  My thought is that he will indeed break both records mainly because I have Kupp on my fantasy team and he'll go off with a ridiculous point total the week after they were eliminated from the title and it no longer matters because that's how fantasy football always works for me - but with this being a must win for the Rams, I actually think Kupp does it

Does Jordan Love create a quarterback competition in Green Bay?  LOL, no.  Maybe Love creates a trade market, but if Rodgers is there, Rodgers will be starting

Does T.J. Watt set the sacks record?  Yes, this is probably the record most likely to fall

Does RJ.'s Detroit Lions set the stage for a big 2022 season?  Maybe
We just need Jacksonville to beat Indy and us lose to the Packers (barf) to lock up the #1 pick.

But that will not happen, so we'll gladly pick #2 and take either Hutchinson or Thibodeaux, whoever they don't pick.

Hope the 49ers win...that's all that I care about.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Would be sweet to see the Steelers upend Baltimore and Jacksonville stun Indianapolis (Colts barely won first time), so Big Ben gets in the playoffs.

However, my practical thinking says I'd like to see T.J. Watt get 2 sacks to set the NFL sack record that has been held by Michael Strahan when Brett Favre practically laid down in the final game years ago and Strahan was credited with a sack. Don't give me the 17-game season crap because Watt has only played 14 because of COVID.

That's my Steelers wish. Big Ben one more time in the playoffs and Watt the sack record.

(01-07-2022, 08:04 PM)jaderock Wrote: Hope the 49ers win...that's all that I care about.
Same, but insofar as it means the Saints are out. I wouldn't mind seeing the Saints in, though, as long as they lose to a stupid play on the last second.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

I want to see the Bears have Dalton play the 1st quarter, Fields the 2nd, and Foles the 3rd. Whoever has the highest QBR gets to play the 4th. A fitting end to the season.