`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purchased sealed packs

Purchased sealed packs
Sorry if this doesn't belong here but my son asked for 90s NBA trading cards so I was trying to find the best place to buy a bunch of factory sealed packs of cards. I looked on Amazon briefly but wanted to check in here and see if I had better options.

RE: Purchased sealed packs
You can try card shows and Ebay. With the crazy prices of current prices, people have been going back and buying earlier products (like the 90's). And with that happening, those prices have been escalating as well. So if you do come across them, they probably won't be as cheap as they were just a couple of years ago.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Amazon is an absolutely terrible place to buy cards.

Another place to try especially for the 90s junk wax era is antique stores - LCS are good if there are one around - be wary that with antique stores especially you will likely either get a really good deal or pay a vastly inflated price - not really anything in between. LCS usually charge market price but some will charge inflated prices

If you're looking for a fun and cheap 1990s break, Target lately has had some sealed 100-card "cubes" that include a mem or auto card.

I believe they're $7.99 apiece, they're a good mix of stars and rookies. I've bought four or five of them and really enjoyed them.

They're not packs obviously but a pretty good and cheap alternative if you can't find what you're looking for.

(11-30-2021, 12:58 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: If you're looking for a fun and cheap 1990s break, Target lately has had some sealed 100-card "cubes" that include a mem or auto card.

I believe they're $7.99 apiece, they're a good mix of stars and rookies. I've bought four or five of them and really enjoyed them.

They're not packs obviously but a pretty good and cheap alternative if you can't find what you're looking for.
Unfortunately, the retail sharks here have been gobbling those up.  The only thing the retail sharks here won't buy is hockey.  But those are a good fun open.  

You can also sometimes find those types of mixers at CVS or Walgreens.  They usually are fun since you get a lot of older 90s cards.