`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three things I would like to see

Three things I would like to see
The fist thing I have noticed is missing from the Organizer is the ability to export to an Excel or csv file.
It makes it a lot more difficult to organize outside the website if you can't.  Example, printing or saving pages to attach to physical collections.

Secondly, it would be nice to be able to sort (or filter) collections by the green and red arrows, to help keep track of awhat players are increasing and decreasing in value.
Especially those of us with larger collections.  My all items collection is about 2,500 cards, and identifying those on the rise (and fall) is not easy.

Third, I hate when I go to enter a card, and I can't because it already exists 'somewhere' in one of my other collections.  This happens,.  People get duplications, or what their card in multiple collections.  Ex:  Griffey is in my Griffey Collection, My Baseball Collection, and my Rookies collection.  Now, if I want to duplicate an entry, I have to do it by opening the card info, and manually adding it another collection (or use the add to option from the collection display).  IT would be easier to just be able to do it from the main search screen

RE: Three things I would like to see
Filters in Organize is something a lot of us have asked for.  Maybe someday...

There is (sort of) a workaround for the collection export to Excel.  You print to a PDF, then upload the PDF to one of the [many] PDF-to-XLS converter websites.  I just do a Google search for "PDF to Excel", and take your pick.  It's free.

Are you familiar with the icon for creating duplicates (two bent arrows forming a circle)?  I don't believe they show up in the pricing/checklist search, but there is one of those icons next to (to the right) of each individual item in your Organize.  That will create a duplicate that you can place in its own collection.  That is a way to manage that individual card.  You can delete, condition, etc. that one card and it will not impact the duplicate.

(10-14-2021, 03:14 PM)jmhorn Wrote: There is (sort of) a workaround for the collection export to Excel.  You print to a PDF, then upload the PDF to one of the [many] PDF-to-XLS converter websites.  I just do a Google search for "PDF to Excel", and take your pick.  It's free.
I'm fairly new to the Beckett Organize community.  In response to using the "print collection" function as a means to export data into an Excel file, I have noticed that you only get the default fields that push out to the pdf.  Does anyone know of a way for the other custom layout fields to push out to the "print collection" function?  E.G. I'd like to capture Beckett Low, Conditional Value, RC, AU, etc. fields from the custom layout view within Organize... and have those same fields push out to the printer/pdf through the 'print collection' function.  Anyone know if this is possible?  Thanks.

would be cool to duplicate more than one card at time.... I've been trying to get this for 5 years now.

Does anyone know if there is anyone at Beckett that can add these little things to make the organize feature better?
This is the only reason I signup every year is I have almost 80,000 cards entered.

(10-14-2021, 02:56 PM)dan.christman@gmail.c Wrote: The fist thing I have noticed is missing from the Organizer is the ability to export to an Excel or csv file.
It makes it a lot more difficult to organize outside the website if you can't.  Example, printing or saving pages to attach to physical collections.

Secondly, it would be nice to be able to sort (or filter) collections by the green and red arrows, to help keep track of awhat players are increasing and decreasing in value.
Especially those of us with larger collections.  My all items collection is about 2,500 cards, and identifying those on the rise (and fall) is not easy.

Third, I hate when I go to enter a card, and I can't because it already exists 'somewhere' in one of my other collections.  This happens,.  People get duplications, or what their card in multiple collections.  Ex:  Griffey is in my Griffey Collection, My Baseball Collection, and my Rookies collection.  Now, if I want to duplicate an entry, I have to do it by opening the card info, and manually adding it another collection (or use the add to option from the collection display).  IT would be easier to just be able to do it from the main search screen
1)  Use the print to PDF function mentioned, then copy/paste the table into excel or Google sheets.  Google does a decent job automatically spacing the data to the right columns.

2) It would be great to filter on a NUMBER of fields (RCs, Autos, etc.) in addition to what you mentioned.

3) THIS!  THIS FRIGGIN ANNOYS ME!  It doubles my work flow as I first have to go through & enter new cards, watch out for those that have the faded icon indicating it's already in my collection.  I set those aside then have to go through my collection to increment the 'Have' quantity accordingly.  Highly irritating!

I also want to see "Team" as a column option for the Org!

I like the way the org is right now but the only thing i want to see, and this is the majority of members, the up and down arrows option only. I have to go through lots of pages to see who is up and down. Simply click on the option for all players with green arrows only. Please oh please make this an option.