`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are grading prices ever going to shrink to 'normal'?

RE: Are grading prices ever going to shrink to 'normal'?
I think they are overwhelmed with the amount of submissions that they had to do something to get caught up. I heard 6 months to a year but that do much to get caught up.
It’s my opinion and that’s all it is and will go down but not to the 15-25 dollar range maybe 50 dollars so they don’t get back in this same position
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

PSA just reduced their grading pricing from $200 to $150 - express level. Yahoo!!! JK
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

They are probably going to have to see how the price increases on Retail blasters/megas/etc work out too. Since it made sense for people to bust retail/buy singles of low-end cards at low prices, and pay as little as $10 to grade, demand was very high. If I was part of PSA I would want to see how $30 or $45 blasters, along with a correction in the card market, will impact grading demand before committing to any other service levels. Plus they may not be through their backlog for value submissions already submitted until early/mid 2022.

Put it this way ... the greed of many people in this industry has created a ripple effect in all arms of said hobby.

(09-03-2021, 03:34 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: As a side note, I just don't understand the whole up-charging or a sliding scale based on a final grade bs.

Yeah I wholeheartedly agree with you on this.  I wasn't even aware this was a thing until a few months ago.

I believe as long as we're reading 'BECKETT IS HIRING' on their webpage I smell trouble.
It's as if they can't get enough people trained in the grading process that the company feels strong enough to turn loose so that business will pick up with a reduction in price..
Frustrating as it is I don't believe anything will happen until first of the year. Who in their right mind wants to pay $125 or feel so enamored with a card to fork over $250 simply to get it returned quicker?
If it's my business I want to promote it and have the cards rolling in and out of my Dallas offices ASAP.

(09-23-2021, 09:24 AM)RattPoison2 Wrote: Who in their right mind wants to pay $125 or feel so enamored with a card to fork over $250 simply to get it returned quicker?
I don't think anyone "wants" to pay the higher amount.  There are those that need to get their cards graded and returned so that they can sell them - not for "invest flipping" but because they truly need the money for whatever reason.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.