`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Attend a Card Show This Year?

RE: Anyone Attend a Card Show This Year?
(08-30-2021, 10:34 PM)yankee98 Wrote: 3 shows, the Philly Show which was awesome, 100's of tables, fair prices, plenty of vintage.  2 shows in Northern California- one that had to violate fire codes and another full of overpriced cards.  Stuff I bought for 10c at the Philly Show they wanted $5 for.  Lots of basketball and Pokeman cards which don't interest me in the least.  I mean, I suppose they were selling their overpriced cards but I wasn't buying them.  And hardly any vintage, unless you consider 1986 Topps vintage.  Definitely a different collecting scene than I'm used to.
Not a fan of the Soccer and non-sports cards. But I don’t believe we would’ve had a show if it were not for those cards. Its difficult for me not to compare the modern shows to the card shows of the 90s. I was happy with the show I went to because I had a mission to get a nice ungraded Rivera rookie and I got it. The next time I go, I believe I will have a short printed want list. Some dealers seemed to have stuff they didn’t have room to display.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

Going back to the Everett Mall show next weekend. Curious to see the turnout now that indoor masking has been reinstated in Washington (state not DC...Smile
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

A lot of shows in North Carolina presented by InsidePitchPromotionsDOTcom  I'll be attending one in Salisbury in November  The previous one in June was huge with over 300 dealers who had everything from Hot Wheels to non-sportscards.
They even have a WWE legend or AEW wrestler at the shows

We have another one coming up at the Daphne Civic Center in early December. I’ll have to start making my want list. For me, it seems to be best for ungraded key rookies.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.