`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packaging

Packaging
I will preface this statement by saying that it was not a Beckett member that I am referring to. What is the most polite was of telling someone that the way they package cards is horrible? Nothing like getting a $50 in a soft sleeve and card board. Unreal!!

-Joe (& Joey)

RE: Packaging
I would message them and be pretty direct.

Packaging is an important part of the trading equation and part of the cost of the hobby. I don't do PWE because you can't make any guarantees on the condition it may arrive in.
Current Project #1 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Base Set (520/600)
Current Project #2 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Playing Card Set (49/54)

Current Most Wanted - 1991-92 Upper Deck #587 Nicklas Lidstrom YG PSA 10 Incoming

(08-18-2021, 10:29 AM)fred bear Wrote: I would message them and be pretty direct.

Packaging is an important part of the trading equation and part of the cost of the hobby. I don't do PWE because you can't make any guarantees on the condition it may arrive in.

I have a huge problem with PWE. I don't trade for $5 cards. I don't want my $20 Ovi card showing up in a beat up envelope. I mail everything, EVERYTHING, in a bubble mailer and in some cases, when it is high $, in a box. I send how I want to receive. I think that is why I have an issue with the card I just received being basically unprotected. My problem is 100 fold because it was through eBay and that is money and not cards being traded. I sell there and don't want some negative feedback, or worse, a refund requested. I was just wondering how I could do it tactfully and not seem like an *****. I guess I shouldn't care, because like it said it was a purchase and not a trade. Even Joey knows how they should be shipped and he's 10!!!! Thank you for the reply. -Joe (& Joey)

Try something like this:

"Hello. I received the card the other day and, while the card arrived alright (I'm assuming it did), I would suggest in the future that you ship cards in (whatever fashion you think). A card can easily be damaged in the mail when shipped solely in a penny sleeve between two pieces of cardboard and many cards have been damaged with even better packaging than this. This can help you avoid potential problems or issues down the road. Thank you."

I bought a bog lot of cards on EBay and some cards were packaged in top loaders and some were not most were packaged together but one card was loose in the package. It either fell out or he realized last minute that he didn’t package it.
I try to package my cards in bubble mailer. In a team bag and top loader even if it is used top loader covered by cardboard for protection.
121623469-10222379832098571-7865154471714354335-o

Collecting Alex Tuch 493/839 58% 491/644 76% non 1/1
I can Only Ship Wednesdays and Thursdays

(08-19-2021, 11:42 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Try something like this:

"Hello.  I received the card the other day and, while the card arrived alright (I'm assuming it did), I would suggest in the future that you ship cards in (whatever fashion you think).  A card can easily be damaged in the mail when shipped solely in a penny sleeve between two pieces of cardboard and many cards have been damaged with even better packaging than this.  This can help you avoid potential problems or issues down the road.  Thank you."

I am going to cut and paste this. Thank you!!!!

(08-19-2021, 02:11 PM)christophercox20 Wrote: I bought a bog lot of cards on EBay and some cards were packaged in top loaders and some were not most were packaged together but one card was loose in the package. It either fell out or he realized last minute that he didn’t package it.
I try to package my cards in bubble mailer. In a team bag and top loader even if it is used top loader covered by cardboard for protection.

I have never ever had an issue with you. You package the same way that I do. To protect someone else's card.