`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some detective work

Need some detective work
I apologize for the longer read but will be eternally grateful if someone can help. 

Back in 03-04? I bought some UD Premier Collection. The seller at a local flea market sold it to me 1-2 days before the official release date. I opened it immediately and pulled what I remember as a Spezza/Gretzky dual patch card gold parallel /3. I sold the card on ebay pretty fast for a good sum. 

Fast forward to now. I am reviewing checklists for all 3 early years of UD Premier (01-02, 02-03, 03-04) just trying to see a picture of that card again. The only year I see with a gold parallel /3 is 03-04. That's fine but there is no Spezza/Gretzky card listed in the checklists. Reviewing my ebay feedback from that long ago does not show me the specific auction I had it in nor even a description of said auction. 

So what I know for sure is I physically pulled a patch card from Premier that had Spezza and Gretzky and was numbered out of 3. It could have been something like a past and present type card. There could have even been a third player on there like Joe Thornton in a past, present, and future setup. I specifically remember someone in the ebay auction asking me if this was a promo card of some sort to which I replied no because I pulled it out of a pack. Was I mistaken in some way? 

If anyone has any information on this card or even better can locate a picture, I would be very grateful. Thank you and any additional questions I can answer to clarify anything, please let me know.

RE: Need some detective work
Are you sure those were the players? Are you sure that was the serial number? That was nearly 20 years ago, after all.

RE: Need some detective work
There are no cards out of 3 with those players you posted that year. It was called 2003-04 UD PREMIER COLLECTION MATCHUPS JERSEYS PATCHES. The only one that matches is the Joe Thornton and Martin Brodeur. You may have the players wrong.