`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated - Beckett Baseball Memorial Day (US) Contest

Updated - Beckett Baseball Memorial Day (US) Contest
Please see below - Contest ends eod Memorial Day.  Take a shot / guess!!!!  Thanks

Here are the correct answers received:
          flood and fire
          djohn

Hello Beckett members.  I want to do a little baseball contest that hopefully provides some fun and reduces some tension/stress we all have been feeling and vocalizing over the past year and 1/2 in the hobby.  Please note that I am not looking for anything in return - all I want is for all of us to have some enjoyment and maybe kick start some activity in the forum's.

The only thing that I ask is please follow the instructions and have fun - if not you will be disqualified.  All are invited to join in.  Here goes nothing:

As we have seen so far, this may end up being the year of the no hitter.  This has had me thinking  - what is the most awesome / epic overall performance ever by a pitcher during their no-no?  My opinionated answer will be provided to a secret Beckett member beforehand to keep everything on the up and up.

Contest - Answer the question - Who has performed the most  epic overall performance - in my opinion - ever by a pitcher during  their no hitter
                                      hint - this player was traded for future first-ballot Hall of Famers - twice.

Instructions:  Please send your answer via a pm to me here at Beckett starting @ 12pm Saturday 05/29/21.  Contest will run until 19 people answer correctly or the end of the day Monday 05/31/21 whichever is soonest.  Everyone will be on the honor system so please don't share answers.  Only one answer per contestant.  I will review all answers provided to me  and let the group know the running number of correct answers.

Grand Prize - I will run a 20 spot (19 correct answers + secret Beckett member) random (randomized 20 times) - top spot wins a 2021 Topps Series 1 1952 Redux 50 card set (non-Chrome)

19 runner-up prizes - one unused Topps 2021 Home Run Challenge Card.  I will random the 19 cards (there are multiples of many).  We can discuss how you want your card handled if you win.

Good Luck Everyone!

jmj
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

RE: Beckett Baseball Memorial Day (US) Contest
Wow! What an awesome (and generous) contest !
Thanks Joe!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice!!
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(05-29-2021, 09:27 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow! What an awesome (and generous) contest !
Thanks Joe!
Thanks DrM.  Enjoy!

(05-29-2021, 09:36 AM)floydtown Wrote: Nice!!
Thanks!  Hope you play along!

Keep sending your answers - have 2 pool winners already.

RE: Updated - Beckett Baseball Memorial Day (US) Contest
Thank you all for participating in the contest. 1st, I apologize because on second thought, the contest was extremely hard, another hint or two would have been helpful. The contest being hard was not the point at all. Anyway, the correct answer to the question - Who has performed the most epic overall performance - in my opinion - ever by a pitcher during their no hitter - is RICK WISE, who hit 2 homers while no hitting the Reds. Congrats to flood and fire and djohn for getting the correct answer. Zeprock was the secret Beckett member. The three of you have a chance at winning the grand prize. The non grand prize contestants will be in the running for either a Mike Trout or Ronald Acuna run run challenge card. I will random off - 1 grand prize w 3 contestants and 1 for the 2 runner-ups later this morning. Thanks again & Congrats to the winners. Good Luck!

The Hint was Carlton & Eckersly

Thanks for the contest. I actually liked it, as the hint was enough to make sure I got it right. Too many hints would have made it too easy, and I enjoy figuring things out instead of being handed the answer with easy clues.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Very cool! Thanks again for running this contest! It was fun!

Grand Prize Random:
flood and fire
djohn
Zeprock

Random x 20
djohn
flood and fire
Zeprock
IP: 2601:44:201:cf60:793a:e38e:3569:d823
Timestamp: 2021-06-01 17:12:56 UTC

Don't use this service for giveaways! Use Multi-Round Giveaways instead More Info

You have randomized this list 20 times.

djohn is the grand prize winner!

Home Run Challenge
#1flood and fire
#2 Zeprock

There were 2 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Trout
Acuna
IP: 2601:44:201:cf60:793a:e38e:3569:d823
Timestamp: 2021-06-01 17:21:22 UTC

Don't use this service for giveaways! Use Multi-Round Giveaways instead More Info

You have randomized this list 20 times.

Flood & Fire wins the Trout - Zep wins the Acuna

Congrats to our 3 winners! I will pm you each. Need 2 days to get everything together (yes - I do have a life - LOL)