`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collectors Choice silver sigs

RE: Collectors Choice silver sigs
(04-28-2021, 10:04 PM)dogger99 Wrote: I would prefer to know the BV of my complete set, not the total value of all the cards in the set.  If I wanted to sell my set, I would be foolish to think I would get anywhere near $197.85.  Probably has around $50 BV at most.  Noticed that prior to 2015 (at least for Score) they would give set values.  And for some sets, there are SP, Variations, Auto/Gu'd that are part of the total set value.  Doesn't do me any good when I might have the base 1-150 set without the SP, Variations and Auto/GU'd.

I also wish Beckett allowed you to add a set to your Organizer without it adding every card in that set to your Organizer.  But then again, since so many sets don't have a BV, pretty much a moot point.
No argument from me there.  It would be nice for Beckett to be consistent.

Unless you want Beckett to simply apply a formula to calculate the complete set value, the only way they have is through traceable sales.  If nobody sells the complete set, they have no way of assigning the value you are after.  I don't claim to know the inner workings of Beckett, but I can't imagine any other way.

For me, though, I am not in the hobby to sell.  Especially not complete sets.  I do like the challenge of chasing complete sets through opening packs and trading.  For some sets, I have amassed 10 -15 complete base sets as I have chased inserts, autos, and variation cards.  The thrill of opening packs cannot be replaced.

(04-29-2021, 02:51 AM)vnewlands Wrote: I agree. I want to know the BV of the complete set. I know with only 1 silver per pack I had to do a lot of searching to complete a 660 card set, but thought in the two to three times base set range would be where it would be..
That is a good way of setting a value.  Have done it myself many times with refractor parallel sets in Topps Chrome.  I don't expect Beckett to have a stated BV for those, but I do expect them to have BV's for the base sets.  Especially for low and mid-level sets.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(04-29-2021, 07:49 AM)jmhorn Wrote: For me, though, I am not in the hobby to sell.  Especially not complete sets.  I do like the challenge of chasing complete sets through opening packs and trading.  For some sets, I have amassed 10 -15 complete base sets as I have chased inserts, autos, and variation cards.  The thrill of opening packs cannot be replaced.
I have always been a set collector since 1972.  Have over 30 storage boxes of complete sets plus my 70's to early 80's in binders.  Unfortunately, also have about 5 boxes of extra sets as well.  Bought a lot of 2013 Prestige, R&S an Elite up to about 2017/18 from Blowout because they were cheap, so have numerous extra 1-100 sets of those.  Kind of wishing now that I never opened them.  Could make a killing in today's market lol.  And I love opening packs, but we all know how hard they are to find with the stores full of circling sharks.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.