`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 NFL Draft

2021 NFL Draft
Maybe it's just me, but this draft seems off after the last year of college football being unusual - we have projected top 10 picks who didn't play at all last year - and one of the top quarterbacks was on a team that played a 1 game season.

The extra year of eligibility also allows some players to take another year in school - probably an effect you will see most in the mid rounds as many players in that range decided to go back to school unless they had already graduated from college.

I've not really been following this much - in part because there have been no pre-draft cards available - at least for me.  In the past, I'd get some Sage Hit and Leaf and look up the players I pulled - and the other players in their positions - to find out who the players were.  That isn't the case this year.

And with some of the top prospects having not played college football last year - or played reduced schedules, it's hard to really recognize many players.  

If I had to predict, I'd say that the Eagles are going to take JayCee Horn - but either of the Alabama receivers is also a real possibility.   

What are your thoughts on the 2021 NFL Draft?

RE: 2021 NFL Draft
I predict the Bears management team will do everything they can to save their own skins for another year. That means draft a QB with a high pick or mortgage the future to get him. Can't wait for the next GM to have no 1st rounders for the next 3 years while Trey Lance doesn't get his 5th year extension picked up due to "inconsistencies" with Nagy's offense where he fits all the square pegs he can find into the roundest holes possible.

If the Bears season were a dessert sampler, it would contain frosted pessimism, chocolate disappointment, sugared sadness, dreadful cherry turnovers, malaise meringue pie, and a 3-tier despair cake trimmed with melancholy.

I think this will be the craziest draft in my years of following. Like you said, it's hard to project some of these guys based off of shortened seasons and opt outs. I see a run on the known commodities, especially on the o-line. There's only 1 or 2 DTs that might be starters this year, so they may get pushed up. RBs may get pushed down because of the needs at the other positions. DE is another where there's a lot of raw talent, but no sure-fire guys. Teams that need corners will grab them early and often I think. Also, late round picks are going to just be like throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. Rebuilding teams might be willing to trade 3rd and 4th picks for teams that are more win now, and want to package late round picks to move up to get surer prospects.

I have no idea what the Packers will do. They always do the opposite of what I want lol. We need a guy who can play OT and G, we need a special CB. We need a good ILB. and we could use a WR. I could see the packers move around a bit in Rds 1 and 2 to try and get two of the 4 holes filled.

And it's Devonta Smith to the Eagles - and since the Panini Instant incoming class auto /99 hadn't sold out, I just ordered one. $199.99 is probably too much, but it will save me a whole lot of money - once I get the Devonta Smith auto in hand, I won't have to worrying about buying anymore 2021 cards now.

(04-30-2021, 08:44 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: And it's Devonta Smith to the Eagles - and since the Panini Instant incoming class auto /99 hadn't sold out, I just ordered one. $199.99 is probably too much, but it will save me a whole lot of money - once I get the Devonta Smith auto in hand, I won't have to worrying about buying anymore 2021 cards now.
Wise choice. I wound up grabbing some Panini Instant and Leaf print on demand cards for Fields.

(04-30-2021, 12:37 PM)jplarson Wrote: Wise choice.  I wound up grabbing some Panini Instant and Leaf print on demand cards for Fields.
Do you know if Panini gives the print runs for the instant cards - I got the full Incoming Class set since it seemed to make more sense to get all 10 cards at $50 and getting cards of all five of the first round quarterbacks, the top three receivers, and the top two running backs than getting individual cards at $10 

But with no retail, hobby boxes being priced at comically absurd levels, people holding boxes reducing the number of cards on the secondary market, and prices on the secondary market artifically increased due to people holding boxes (and the psychologically factor that nobody believes that an auto out of a $1000 box) or just chasing individual cards and being willing to pay more since many collectors have been priced out of boxes (or simply decided that boxes make no financial sense) it just makes sense to take the sure thing.

too much financial speculation - I'm now just going to the LCS to see if he got some supplies or vintage in.

(05-05-2021, 12:15 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Do you know if Panini gives the print runs for the instant cards - I got the full Incoming Class set since it seemed to make more sense to get all 10 cards at $50 and getting cards of all five of the first round quarterbacks, the top three receivers, and the top two running backs than getting individual cards at $10 

But with no retail, hobby boxes being priced at comically absurd levels, people holding boxes reducing the number of cards on the secondary market, and prices on the secondary market artifically increased due to people holding boxes (and the psychologically factor that nobody believes that an auto out of a $1000 box) or just chasing individual cards and being willing to pay more since many collectors have been priced out of boxes (or simply decided that boxes make no financial sense) it just makes sense to take the sure thing.

too much financial speculation - I'm now just going to the LCS to see if he got some supplies or vintage in.
It should have the print run on the back, but they'll all be "1 of ####".  Won't have specific serial numbers but the card will say "this is one of 23,018 printed".