`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Experienced Traders Not Leaving Feedback

Experienced Traders Not Leaving Feedback
I am talking traders that have trader rating scores (themselves) near or above 1000.  

Why?

I don't mean to be critical.  Several, I know, are great to deal with.

I have my own views about feedback.  I don't expect everybody to share all of them, but I think leaving something in the form of feedback is about as basic of a common courtesy as it gets.

Please regard this post as a conversation starter only.  I can, and will, accept trades without expecting feedback.

RE: Experienced Traders Not Leaving Feedback
Some people, for whatever reason, just don't leave feedback.  I've seen that on here, ebay, and other places over the years.

As we're talking about Beckett and the trading system, if they've marked a trade as received, I believe they should leave feedback at that point.  None of this waiting around nonsense until the other person leaves feedback before leaving yours.  If you're happy with the cards you received, then leave feedback. 

I personally believe the most senior people should be the example in how to do things when it comes to trading.  Not the opposite.  This includes timely communication, accurate descriptions, shipping within a reasonable time-frame, and leaving feedback once you receive your package.

This subject has come up before on this site. Personally, the only time I don't leave feedback is when I know the other trader never leaves feedback from prior trades. They don't care about it so I don't bother, either.

Otherwise, I am not sure why it is an issue. Even when I sell cards I still leave 5 stars as feedback without a comment. Takes about 2 seconds.

Could it be that they never got positive feedback from their parent(s)?

There's no legitimate reason in my opinion to not bother to leave feedback. I want people to leave feedback for me to build my online reputation so I leave feedback for them for the same reason. Treat others as I'd like to be treated. As Kerry said, it takes two seconds.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Agree with all above. I normally leave my feedback after I click "received". Once you click "received", the trade swaps over to completed trade even if the other person hasn't received yet. If I don't do it right away, I might forget. It has gotten to where I normally say basically the same thing, but I figure the important thing is that positive feedback has been given.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

totally agree with whats been said, I usuallly leave feedback after I mark trade received there might have been times I missed but do leave it a few days late. Weird is that of my 1,139 total trades my trader rating is 1,092 but I account that to trades gone bad, mistake trades/issue etc.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

I think leaving feedback is really important if we want to maintain a viable trading platform here. New members just getting started here absolutely need to build up their trade credibility with good honest feedback, or people will unfairly avoid trading with them, which would degrade the community over time.

(04-25-2021, 01:42 PM)jbissell Wrote: I think leaving feedback is really important if we want to maintain a viable trading platform here. New members just getting started here absolutely need to build up their trade credibility with good honest feedback, or people will unfairly avoid trading with them, which would degrade the community over time.
Well said!

(04-25-2021, 02:32 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Well said!
Thank you sir. I get a good one in every now and then. Haha!

Unless I get distracted which happens once in awhile we leave it when we mark it received.

Know what we are sending out and not concerned about what feedback will be left.