`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Enquiry about a Jordan and a Kobe Card

General Enquiry about a Jordan and a Kobe Card
These are probably the 2 best cards I own.  I used to collect heavily back in the day but haven't in about 20 + years so the whole grading thing is really something that didn't exist when I collected. 

I am just trying to find out what the rough value of each of these cards are so I can see if I should get them graded or not.  I am also curious as to at what point does the grade not increase the value of the card roughly? I know sometimes I see raw cards sell higher than graded ones, but I don't really know what the rough guideline of that is when it comes to should I get these graded or not?  

I also have the bronze version of this exact same 1998 Upper Deck MJ23 Quantum QMM16 (The silver one shown is 13/23)

And this Kobe is a 98-99 Fleer Brilliant Shining Stars Pulsar #14

Pulsars were a 1 out of 400 packs, and with there being 15 in the shining star set that means odds of getting Kobe who was most likely the best out of the 15, was 1 in 6000 packs. If i remember packs ran about $10 per pack, so statistically it could have cost you $60,000 to pull that particular card.

image0
image1
image2
image3

RE: General Enquiry about a Jordan and a Kobe Card
Nice cards! One option is to check if anyone has sold either of these on Ebay and for how much, but given the rarity, that might prove difficult. Hopefully someone else responds to this, too, because I know more about football cards than basketball.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

CMCFan22 Wrote:Nice cards! One option is to check if anyone has sold either of these on Ebay and for how much, but given the rarity, that might prove difficult. Hopefully someone else responds to this, too, because I know more about football cards than basketball.

Thanks,

The Jordan card I've seen listed from $500-$1500 graded, but I don't know if mine will grade high enough to improve it's value, it's in good condition but you can see on the die cut on the back there's some fraying on the rounded edges.

I've just checked completed listings and I've found 3 of those Kobe Cards (first ones I've ever seen other than mine) Graded at 9 over $2000, 9.5 @ $3000 (was asking 4k but accepted a best offer) and raw at $500.. I guess that one I need to get graded lol, at what point does the grade not affect the price increase typically, 8.5, 8, lower?

you have facebook messenger or IG? the MJ FT or FS?
add me on IG jdmaxi4u

DunkingTimD Wrote:you have facebook messenger or IG? the MJ FT or FS?
I'll send you a direct message.