Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Great Blaster For a Tigers Fan ... Which I Am

Great Blaster For a Tigers Fan ... Which I Am
Friends in baseball,

I found some more 2021 Topps Series 1 blasters at Target ... don't worry, DBN fans, the sharks still managed to clear every other product out.

Anyway, I opened the manufactured patch solo pack first - Miguel Cabrera.

Pretty cool, it's been a long time since I pulled anything good of Miggy.

Then, second to last pack in the blaster ...

[Image: Tarik.jpg]

Tarik Skubal RC SP!

I'm not normally a fan of horizontal photos but this one is pretty cool with the high leg kick and what not.

I also pulled the 1952 inserts of Adell and Bart for my Angels and Giants PCs so pretty pleased overall.

RE: Great Blaster For a Tigers Fan ... Which I Am
Very nice, RJ.

kerryandbeth Wrote:Very nice, RJ.
Thanks ... it's very weird flipping the card backs over and seeing the stats for a 60-game season.

Nice! Congrats. I love the manufactured patch cards. They look really nice this year for S1. Enjoy!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Phillies_Joe Wrote:Nice!  Congrats.  I love the manufactured patch cards.  They look really nice this year for S1.  Enjoy!
I have found a total of six blasters "out in the wild" so far.

My six patches are:

Miggy
Reggie Jackson (A's uniform)
Eddie Matthews
Chipper Jones
Nolan Ryan (Astros uniform)
Mariano Rivera

It's odd, of the 25 possible Series 1 patches, Trout and Cabrera are the only active players - the other 23 are retired/Hall of Famers.

If they continue with the 70th patch theme, Series 2 is going to be loaded with current vets and rookies.

Normally Topps mixes it up a little better between each series, but whatever.

Got some at Target Thursday. Like yours that was all there was. Seems like the DBN only cares about the football and basketball boxes. Grabbed a Megabox, blaster and hanger. No SP's. My patch card was Mariano Rivera. Got one of those Trout auto/patch reproductions. Wouldn't be surprised if that ended up being the best card.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:Got some at Target Thursday.  Like yours that was all there was.  Seems like the DBN only cares about the football and basketball boxes.  Grabbed a Megabox, blaster and hanger.  No SP's.  My patch card was Mariano Rivera.  Got one of those Trout auto/patch reproductions.  Wouldn't be surprised if that ended up being the best card.
Yep, I’m done with this product!

Congrats on the Tiger hits! That Skubal is sweeet.

mgruber2 Wrote:Congrats on the Tiger hits! That Skubal is sweeet.
Thanks much ... one of the rare horizontal cards I actually like.

I went into a Target and was surprised to see a reasonably full sportscard section - multiple shelves full with boxes as well as the racks - then I noticed that it was all Topps Series 1 Baseball. Multiple shelves with nothing but Topps Series 1 Baseball and a sign saying that due to demand people are limited to buying 4 boxes at a time (I wish I had a camera with me because it was actually funny)

Considering that the other Targets I have been to have completely barren sportcard sections with nothing at all, I think its quite possible that this one Target got the entire supply of Topps Series 1 baseball for the entire state.