`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think i'm going to quit....

I think i'm going to quit....
I think i'm going to quit trading for a while.  The Post Office is really, really slow these days.  I have a package that left Pensylvania on the 5th and it's still not here 18 days later.  I have a couple other trades that are taking just as much time.  I really enjoy trading with you guys.  I feel like I have established somewhat of a relationship with some of you, so when things get better I will begin trading again.

RE: I think i'm going to quit....
Best of luck to you, sir.

Sometimes a break to recharge the batteries is the best thing to do.

I don't blame you for taking a break right now Clinton. I am letting my org subscription run out as I haven't made a trade in a long time. I hope that we can trade again in the future. You are always great to deal with.

I'm going to take a break from buying junk wax boxes unless they are an absolute steal. Went to my LCS the other day, and 1991 Upper Deck boxes are $150 because of the Jordan SP? GTFO!

They also had a box of 1993 Topps for $300, and 1993 Upper Deck high series at $175. Thanks for nothing Jeter!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Perhaps quit is a little strong.  I mean i'm going stop for a while until the world gets back to normal unless someone presents me with a trade I can't refuse.

The weather is/was really bad in certain parts of the country as well. I'm sure that was affecting delivery times. Do what you need to do but don't let it bother you too much. I've pretty much stopped trading unless it is something I really want since postage is at least $3.66 and up now to send a bubble mailer.

I'm with you OP. It just  kind of sucks. Shipping prices are outrageous, the USPS is doing a terrible job and no one really trades anymore. Heck, I've been back for 1-1/2 months and have gotten about 4 offers.

This site is utterly dead for whatever reason. It's the same few folks posting and reposting and reposting. 

And the bad thing is I just paid the $69.99 (or whatever) fee to be able to trade. That's what really sucks.

Here is my viewpoint on the 'quiet site'...

If you want to trade you have to be willing to do one or more of these:
1. Make initial trade offers
2. Post cards to ORG
3. Wait for longer mail times
4. Be willing to give up "hot players"
5. Offer 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 trade bargains on "cooler players"

I have had lots of success trading using these tactics. I will admit we same people post and respond to posts, but I am not sure if it is because newbies get attitude back or they are just trying to avoid the drama that sometimes ensues.