`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a theory

I have a theory
I have noticed that players like Bobby Dalbec, Deivi Garcia, Sixto Sanchez, Daulton Varsho and Jo Adell are starting to see their prospect cards spike (more or less) a bit. This seems to be corresponding with the slow and steady rollout of values on these players' 2021 Topps rookie cards. Ryan Mountcastle is a notable and bizarre exception and it wouldnt surprise me to see his rookie card value get a significant adjustment.

I will be curious to see what the prospect cards of Alec Bohm, Ian Anderson, and Casey Mize do when their Topps rookie card values get posted.

Am wondering if its coincidence, or some other unknown factor.

RE: I have a theory
Or, if you're me, when you pull a prospect card out of Bowman, that's his rookie card.

Like this summer when I beat the sharks to two whole blasters of 2020 Bowman and pulled the paper and chrome ROOKIE CARDS of Jasson Dominguez.

That's right, I said it - Rookie. Cards.

I don't need to wait until 2023 Topps or whatever for that weenie little RC logo to tell me that fourth-year card is his "rookie card" LOL

rjcj2017 Wrote:Or, if you're me, when you pull a prospect card out of Bowman, that's his rookie card.

Like this summer when I beat the sharks to two whole blasters of 2020 Bowman and pulled the paper and chrome ROOKIE CARDS of Jasson Dominguez.

That's right, I said it - Rookie. Cards.

I don't need to wait until 2023 Topps or whatever for that weenie little RC logo to tell me that fourth-year card is his "rookie card" LOL
Haha! I do like the distinction between the 1st Bowman and their major league rookie card. However, there are clearly issues with Topps using the RC logo too liberally.

jbissell Wrote:Haha! I do like the distinction between the 1st Bowman and their major league rookie card. However, there are clearly issues with Topps using the RC logo too liberally.
If they kept it to the player's base card I wouldn't mind as much ... but they stick it on every insert, subset, auto, mem card, checklist, etc.

It's beyond watered down and pointless.

I love theories...conspiracies...ironies...anything that brings light to unusual events such as cards shooting up in value when the season has not yet begun.

I always figured if a guy was drafted or otherwise signed by a major league club, even if they are in the minors, then by definition they are a professional athlete and thus their first card in a licensed set becomes their rookie card, whatever year that may be. Maybe it's not their MLB debut card or a card from their rookie year but that's life. Not everyone is Adrian Belte or Andruw Jones (man am I dating myself here....).

jplarson Wrote:I always figured if a guy was drafted or otherwise signed by a major league club, even if they are in the minors, then by definition they are a professional athlete and thus their first card in a licensed set becomes their rookie card, whatever year that may be.  Maybe it's not their MLB debut card or a card from their rookie year but that's life.  Not everyone is Adrian Belte or Andruw Jones (man am I dating myself here....).
My famous example of the RC logo BS is Miguel Sano.

I pulled a bunch of his Bowman stuff - in a Twins MLB uniform! - in 2010 during the Great Strasburg Chase.

Over the next several years (!) I continued to pull Sano's "prospect" cards out of a variety of Bowman retail products (ahh, the good ol' days) and was like, uh, great, another Miguel Sano card.

Then, finally, in 2016 - LOL, six. years. later. - his "rookie logo cards" came out in Topps products.

I don't know if I've ever cared less about that stupid logo.

jplarson Wrote:I always figured if a guy was drafted or otherwise signed by a major league club, even if they are in the minors, then by definition they are a professional athlete and thus their first card in a licensed set becomes their rookie card
Makes sense and I agree 100%  However, if the RC logo is put on a card and the industry identifies that card as a rookie card....it's a rookie card...regardless of what I think.  I do like that Bowman does 1dentify cards with 1st Bowman designation. I can't stand Panini cards so I don't buy any product...do they include an inscription for their draft product?

In response to the OP, just looking at Jo Adell, every one of his cards from 2017 draft to 2021 has green arrows.  Either he was undervalued (no) or everyone has lost their minds and are buying into a bubble (yes).

Sell, Sell Sell!!!!!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Phillies_Joe Wrote:Makes sense and I agree 100%  However, if the RC logo is put on a card and the industry identifies that card as a rookie card....it's a rookie card...regardless of what I think.  I do like that Bowman does 1dentify cards with 1st Bowman designation. I can't stand Panini cards so I don't buy any product...do they include an inscription for their draft product?

In response to the OP, just looking at Jo Adell, every one of his cards from 2017 draft to 2021 has green arrows.  Either he was undervalued (no) or everyone has lost their minds and are buying into a bubble (yes).

Sell, Sell Sell!!!!!
It cuts both ways my friend ... the industry may say it's a rookie card, but that doesn't mean I have any interest in it.

In the extremely unlikely event that I would ever be in the market for a Sano card, I sure as he(ck) would not be interested in a sixth-year (!) card of him, even with the little RC logo on it.

To answer your question, Padooshi does not put a RC logo on its draft stuff:

[Image: Trei.jpg]