`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visited the Dallas Card Show yesterday ... oh my!

Visited the Dallas Card Show yesterday ... oh my!
Went to the Dallas Card Show in Allen yesterday. Was definitely overwhelmed as I've never been to a show this large. I can't imagine what the National will be like if I ever decide to go to it.

That said, I went with intentions of diving into dime, quarter, 50 cent and $1 boxes. I was trying to find some stuff for my PCs (ongoing Rangers and newly started PSA HOFers) as well as a few cards for sets I'm working on (mainly 57s). I did okay on all fronts, and I didn't spend a ton of money. I went in with $100 after paying for show fee and part of gas for guy I was riding with (he drove his truck, so I gave him some money for gas). I came home with $6 in my pocket, so I spent $94.

Here's how I did:
First up some 50 cent boxes:
(Tons of baseball RCs, also bought a nice Baugh card. I didn't have one, and I once caught a pass from him, so felt like buying a cheaper one just to have. The Payne was a card I wanted growing up, and got it for 50 cents too).
[Image: yhhMTSl.jpg?1]

Next up is some refractors and inserts for my Rangers PC:
[Image: TDrMfpf.jpg]

Some cards that were various prices:
Betts, Teheran and Bogarts, $1 each; Odorizzi (#d/25), Wright RC and Wong, $2 each;
[Image: rhevyh9.jpg]

Vintage (all from a $1 box);
(Allen is a common and probably not worth $1, but he's from my hometown. And I interviewed him for a story a couple of years ago).
[Image: AVbu7bZ.jpg]

More Rangers PC stuff (these were $5 each);
[Image: Fn7W5ai.jpg]

And the 2 "big" buys of the day (paid $20 for Yaz and $30 for Duke);
[Image: OzFgiYr.jpg]

RE: Visited the Dallas Card Show yesterday ... oh my!
Very nice..I love the shows..go with a wish list..spend a few hours..nice time..The big show at Dulles Expo in VA is what I am referring to..had it this fall and it was good for me..

Very nice! Congrats on your pick-ups! Agree.....set your spend amount and wish list. Enjoy.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

That Snider is nice! Good deal for $30!

jbissell Wrote:That Snider is nice! Good deal for $30!
My buddy and I sat at a table for a good 45 minutes looking for his set needs (he's working on several sets from 53T-64T, and the dealer had numerous boxes and notebooks with cards from those years). 

While we were there looking for his stuff, I was also looking to see what I could find. I came across the Yaz and Snider. I decided after my friend had done his deal that I would pass on the Snider and just get the Yaz. I regretted it from the time I put it back into the box. 

We went on around the show for another couple of hours, and my friend sat at one final table of a guy he knew. While he looked at the last table, I told him I was going back for the Snider. I got to the table, and the dealer asked if he could help me. I said yes, I was here earlier and had a 57T Snider. I passed on it then, but I want to get it now.

He pulled it out of the case and said $50. I said, no you had one for $30 in one of the boxes. The dealer said I was mistaken that he'd never have that card for sale at $30. But he said I could go back through the boxes to see if I could find it. I accepted the challenge and did, and I wound up taking it home. 

As I walked away from the table, I pumped my fist like a kid. I was so excited to get that card.

Nice cards. I will take Nolan Ryan gu'd all day for $5/pop.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:Nice cards.  I will take Nolan Ryan gu'd all day for $5/pop.
They look to be worth about $6-$10 apiece, so I didn't get that great of a deal. But they're going into my PC, so I don't care. Am excited to add them to my PC.

Very nice stuff. Card shows are one of my favorite times spent in this hobby.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Nice pickups! I really like that Ron Santo as I am working on the 65 set. Very nice Yaz!

Wow. I'm surprised that there are any shows even happening with COVID and all. Nice haul
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel