`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playbook

Playbook
Went to Walmart this morning to get some melatonin and found  some  Playbook.  They had megaboxes ($24.98) and hangers ($11.98).  Megaboxes had 20 cards with auto/game used.  Hangers have 30 cards.  Being a set builder, I went with  the hangers.  Started with 5, but then ended up taking 8 (2 display boxes pretty much not touched).  Being a 200 card set, probably I doubt I will finish the set since there will be inserts making up the 240 cards.  Could of gotten more, but wanted to leave some behind (probably another 10-12).

There was some Contenders as well, but passed up on that crap.  Also had an empty display box of Hoops Premium Stock.

Kind of wished I had stuck with buying 5. Collation was terrible with the base veterans. Not going to bother even building the veteran set, much less the rookies.

Here is the breakdown of the hangers: 16 vets, 5 Rookies, 4 inserts, 5 orange

This is what I got:
Veterans: 68 of the 100 (total of 127)
Doubles: 15
Triples: 10
Quadruples: 8

RC's: 36 of the 100, 4 Doubles. Of the big 3 QB's, got Herbert in the last Hanger

Orange: 40 (2 Doubles), Edwards-Helaire was the best of the rookies. Did get Brady and Mahomes.

Blitz: 8, all minor stars
Captains: 3
Next Up: 12, Herbert, Gibson and E-H
Zoning Commission: 9, all minor stars

Autograph: the great Grant Delpit (not numbered)
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: Playbook
Good to hear. I haven't seen any new product at all in five weeks.

The Targets and WalMart in my area have completely mailed it in ... I was able to sneak in to Target yesterday on "the card lady stocks at the exact time every Thursday afternoon" day and it was all cleared out by 1:15 p.m.

I mean ... what am I supposed to do with that?

There was, however, one of those ropes set up like you see at a movie theater line to get in, so they can section off the dooshes who wait there all day.

So they've completely sold out to the Doosh Bag Network and have their own little procedure now.

Anyway, did you get anything good out of Playbook?

rjcj2017 Wrote:Anyway, did you get anything good out of Playbook?
Going to bust them tonight with a beer.  Hope I get close to the complete set.  At least get all the big rookies.

I am about to give up on Playoff.  I have the complete 200 card base veteran set.  Have about 2/3 of the rookies (no Burrow or Herbert).  If I do buy any more of this, all of the veterans will be duplicates.  Don't think I want that.  So will probably just load up my RC's into the ORG.  Still hoping to find some Absolute fat packs.  That set will be easier.  RC's are easier than the vets.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

dogger99 Wrote:Going to bust them tonight with a beer.  Hope I get close to the complete set.  At least get all the big rookies.

I am about to give up on Playoff.  I have the complete 200 card base veteran set.  Have about 2/3 of the rookies (no Burrow or Herbert).  If I do buy any more of this, all of the veterans will be duplicates.  Don't think I want that.  So will probably just load up my RC's into the ORG.  Still hoping to find some Absolute fat packs.  That set will be easier.  RC's are easier than the vets.
I was lucky to find three random hangers of Playoff shortly after the holidays in the one Walmart out of town that is usually good to me - haven't seen any other new product in about five weeks since.

I pulled the "Rookie Wave" chrome inserts of Burrow and Swift but none of the good RCs other than Tua, Jefferson and Hurts.

I've pretty much given up on retail since the Target card lady is not even trying to mix it up any more.

The theater rope thing was pretty much the last straw for me ... just showed me they're all fine with the loitering, stalking doosh bags and it's not ending any time soon.

Case in point - Hoops basketball (the new stuff, not the recycled Premium crap from last year) is supposed to come out next week.

Normally I'd already be planning a day or at least a morning to blow off work and make the circuit to about four different Targets and three Walmarts to see what I could find, but not this year. There's no point.

I really only care about picking up the RCs of about seven players - Edwards, Wiseman, Ball, Haliburton and the three Pistons rookies for my various PCs.

If I wait it out about a month after release, I'll probably be able to pick them all up from one seller for about $40 delivered ... less than the cost of two blasters and I won't have to deal with a stack of cards I don't want.

Not as much fun as busting packs, of course, but another bright side is that Padooshi (fka Panini) won't be getting any more of my money.

Can't wait to see what you get!

Where's the update?????

savagenate Wrote:Where's the update?????
I put it all in the opening post.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Good to hear. I haven't seen any new product at all in five weeks.

The Targets and WalMart in my area have completely mailed it in ... I was able to sneak in to Target yesterday on "the card lady stocks at the exact time every Thursday afternoon" day and it was all cleared out by 1:15 p.m.

I mean ... what am I supposed to do with that?

There was, however, one of those ropes set up like you see at a movie theater line to get in, so they can section off the dooshes who wait there all day.

So they've completely sold out to the Doosh Bag Network and have their own little procedure now.

Anyway, did you get anything good out of Playbook?
Went to a Target yesterday - all they had were a couple of WWE products.  Was the first time in several years that I spent more than $100 at Target without getting any cards (we needed to get several things)

I really like Optic, but with the lack of retail and ludicrous prices of hobby boxes I'm likely not getting any of it this year.

And I didn't buy any Playbook retail last year when it was plentiful

If you like to complete sets let me know if you get into 2020 illusions, phoenix or certified. Bought a couple of hobby boxes of each and have basically no use for the commons.
PC: Any and all Lions!  ++Calvin ++Stafford ++Galloday ++Swift    +Tomlinson +Brunell    ++memorabilia/autos/RC