`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
82 Topps #173 Quirk / Parker Back?

82 Topps #173 Quirk / Parker Back?
Looking for feedback on 82 Topps card # 173 Jamie Quirk. Has a back card of #343 Dave Parker? Also have a few other similar cards with wrong backs. Any value, how do you record these in inventory? Looking for any assistance. Thank-You in advance.

RE: 82 Topps #173 Quirk / Parker Back?
I don’t know but would be interested what you learn about this!
Collecting Baseball - Looking to fill 78' Topps set
[Image: MikeGrady.jpg]
Mike Grady 1869-1943

This is probably the most common question posted on these boards. The "wrong back" card and it's value. They are more common than you may think from the 80s and 90s and are basically deemed as defective cards that didn't go through the printing process correctly. Card companies tended to be sloppy in their rush to beat their competitors out with new product and didn't pay as much attention to their printing process as they probably should have. It is not an error. It is a mistake that was only corrected when they realigned their printing plates. They are basically worthless unless you can find a collector that collects that particular player and may be interested in the anomaly. Other similar cards missed a certain color ink in the process leaving names off the front or certain logos. Probably the most famous of these and probably the only one with any real value is the 1990 Topps Frank Thomas rookie card that missed having his name printed on the front.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

The good news is, you could do an "online break" and tell all the new collectors it's worth at least a grand but you'll do them a solid and sell it to them for $500.

Someone will buy it!