Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
acetate/card stock sports cards

acetate/card stock sports cards
what is the life span of acetate cards?

thank you

RE: acetate/card stock sports cards
I have some cards from 1996 Clear Assets (Classic). Think it was very new at the time, maybe the first or at least one of the first. Just checked an Alstott. It had a haze on it, but came clean/clear with a wet tissue. I am guessing/hoping the quality of the acetate cards has improved since then.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I'm personally not a fan of how they hold their autographs but I really want to be. I think they look really cool and I like the feel/sturdiness but they seem to lose their autographs over time, especially when they're kept in light. 1996 Laserview inscriptions are a great example. Hard to find any bold signatures relative to how many are out there. Non auto acetate makes me think of 1999 Stadium Club Chrome and Topps Chrome. If there was any condensation at all they'd develop a weird film but other years don't have the same issue. At the same time I have some more recent acetate that seem fine but I keep everything in boxes, not out in the open. May just depend on the year? After typing all of this I realized I probably didn't help in any way.
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.
Cris Carter super collector and die hard Vikings guy!

footbal Wrote:I'm personally not a fan of how they hold their autographs but I really want to be. I think they look really cool and I like the feel/sturdiness but they seem to lose their autographs over time, especially when they're kept in light. 1996 Laserview inscriptions are a great example.
Agree with you on the autos.  Have this 1996 Pinnacle Inscription Bernie Kosar.  Almost gone.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.