`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back Starting Lineup's

Bring back Starting Lineup's
Walking through the toy aisle, Christmas shopping for my nephews was about the most uninspiring I can ever remember.  How many times are they going to rehash Star Wars figures, which now cost $25?

It's kind of cool to see a lot of the popular 80's toys make a comeback like Transformers, GI Joes, TNMNT, and He-Man, but seriously, everything is just being rebranded, relabeled, and repackaged.  Nothing very original at all.

If Topps had any imagination, they could produce a product to reach consumers in the toy aisle very easily.  Think McFarlane quality figures, with acetate style cards, to avoid dinged corners during shipping/handling.

They wouldn't even have to go crazy with inserts or parallels.  Please I'm begging you, bring back the 80's!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

RE: Bring back Starting Lineup's
jack pfiester Wrote:Walking through the toy aisle, Christmas shopping for my nephews was about the most uninspiring I can ever remember.  How many times are they going to rehash Star Wars figures, which now cost $25?
Man, when they re-released the original trilogy in theaters I remember buying new figures for $5.99 apiece.  $25????  No way a kid can build out a proper play set at that kind of price.

jack pfiester Wrote:Please I'm begging you, bring back the 80's!
I say let's think bigger.... bring back the 90's!!!

jplarson Wrote:Man, when they re-released the original trilogy in theaters I remember buying new figures for $5.99 apiece.  $25????  No way a kid can build out a proper play set at that kind of price.

I say let's think bigger.... bring back the 90's!!!
Yes, the 90's were equally as awesome!!

Let's bring back food cards while we're at it.  Do they even make King-B beef jerky or Honey Combs anymore?!

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

So I'm also a huge Star Wars fan, and when I go to Target or Wal-Mart for cards I usually also check to see what's new for Star Wars stuff.

And I can tell you this ... the Doosh Bag Network definitely has a Star Wars division, because there are never any new figures except one or two peg warmers that are still there every time I go.

Yet, astonishingly enough, if you go on Doosh Bay you can find dozens of "Target Exclusives" that are marked waaaaay up ... and just so happen to be the new/popular ones like the Mandalorian.

Hopefully the overall dooshery subsides a bit in 2021.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Hopefully the overall dooshery subsides a bit in 2021.
That's asking quite a bit, don't ya think?   Shy

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars