Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hartline PC, 5 Years later

Hartline PC, 5 Years later
Brian Hartline
2013 National Treasures Letterman Patch /8
2014 Panini Immaculate nameplate nobility /8

Story time..

I spent the better part of 3 years looking for those 2 above cards. I searched, emailed, called shops, collectors, reached out to everyone that could be involved in the hobby. 2016 was the last year I bought a card for my PC.  Being a super collector, and mainly the only one of his, (minus the Dolphins collectors or OSU collectors) I set a market for myself I could not afford anymore. I got jaded and left the hobby after a constant battle of having to make every seller rich. 

Whatever your PC is, teams, players, etc.. collectors due that, collect. I never went into this hobby to "make money" I never once under valued a card. I never once complained about paying for what a card was worth, or even more for that matter. My problem stemmed from seeing the same hartline cards on ebay for a price that was literally insane. I got tired of seeing Hartline cards listed higher than actual superstars. Hartline had 2 good years, 2 1000 yard years, unfortunately not a superstar though. So how were Russel Wilson rookie autos or others, cheaper than Hartline cards lol.

I dug them out today and its was bitter sweet to see something that made me so happy, sitting in my closet for almost 5 years. Even though I did nothing for PC for the last few years, I still checked ebay almost daily to see if those 2 listed above cards would, by a miracle, show up. But what I see are the same cards that have been listed for 8 years for the same stupid price and it makes me glad that i'm not how I used to be with wanting everything. last couple years a always thought about getting back into my PC but, I cant get wrapped up in these prices, i would love to get back in the hobby in general.

thanks for hearing my rant. Thanks to the Dolphins guys I used to talk to on here and share info with awhile ago, the only reason I stayed in the hobby for as long as i did.

RE: Hartline PC, 5 Years later
That is super frustrating. I've seen good pieces I could add go well beyond what I'd ever pay, I figure for my collections they'll always be a work in progress.

For your two unreasonable Hartline sellers, maybe keep them on the back burner and when the current investing bubble pops, give em your best offer and see if they can work with you.

RE: Hartline PC, 5 Years later
Sorry to hear of the frustrations! Greed rules all when it comes to card pricing. I think we've all run into that. I've had to constantly evolve my collecting for this reason.