Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1966 Topps Defect Cards

1966 Topps Defect Cards
Hi 
We have several 1966 Topps cards that have what looks like manufacturing defects. Some are discolored, some have missing text in front and some have both. Are these cards worth more or less than normal cards? examples attached

RE: 1966 Topps Defect Cards
Less.

I think most collectors would consider them defective. It looks like they missed the red ink in the printing process.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I’m pretty sure that a Frank Robinson or Bob Gibson Collector would pay more for a ‘defect’ error like that.
That Norm Cash without a name is actually pretty cool, as well.
If you had a 1966 Mantle, that would certainly be of interest to a fan of The Mick.
But Like Mark said, printing defects like that, generally speaking, aren’t worth more.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

printing defect cards are usually only of value to player collectors.  Maybe super master set collectors as well.

There are some ERR and COR cards in 1966 though.  They can be worth more.