`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSA show in Chantilly VA

CSA show in Chantilly VA
WOW!!  1st show in a long time..no autos though..the tables were well stocked and the people super friendly..

Got some PC stuff including 2 HOF plagues autos for Mize and Gaylord for $20 each..serial #ed and authenticated!!

Great time..felt safe and the prices were very reasonable..

HOWEVER!!!  THE SHARKS ARE THERE!!

Blasters for $45-70..either the bought them or they got them from the predators that roam the stores.

I did not say anything..but would not buy anything from them either..

I mean it is a tight market..I understand..but a $19.99 blaster for $45..who would do that??

Overall I give the show (and I have been to many many shows) a 7.2/10. Just because no live autos...

Obviously, the people are starved for contact and being able to talk to real live people about their passions!!

I enjoyed the afternoon!!!

RE: CSA show in Chantilly VA
Thought about going but held off. Saw on a FB group that someone stole a Kobe Bryant Immaculate auto card /99 though.

How was the pre-war vintage?

Did they have athletes to autograph stuff or was that stopped this time around? They usually have a great group in that regard.

ricelynnevans75 Wrote:Thought about going but held off. Saw on a FB group that someone stole a Kobe Bryant Immaculate auto card /99 though.

How was the pre-war vintage?

Did they have athletes to autograph stuff or was that stopped this time around?  They usually have a great group in that regard.
No autos...vintage all over the place..seemed people were holding on to stuff since most shows are cancelled of this size.

Pre war??  Not sure..did not really look for that stuff..

Wow, $45-70 is a "steal" for blasters these days.

Crazy4Kinsler said not too long ago that some rube paid $185 for a Mosaic basketball blaster at a local card shop.

But but but ... he walked out of there a champ because he pulled a $60 Zion Williamson RC!

And an even bigger winner because the LCS guy told him it was a $600 card!

I mean, why even bother looking at a price guide when you can trust the word of a guy who just gouged you for almost 10 times the price of what you just bought!

(By the way, you can buy that "$600 Zion" that's really a $60 Zion for $38.95 on Doosh Bay ... but why do that when you can price gouge yourself and support the Doosh Bag Network in the process!)

Yeehaw, where do I sign up???

I admire your restraint in not saying anything to the doosh bag flippers.

I wouldn't be able to.

I used to go to the Chantilly show in October for many years. I do still have contact with a dealer from my first show there in 2009. I loved those shows and the October were the best one for baseball autos, due to the situation I understand. I really miss going to that show and hopefully, I will be able to go to the April show.