`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"If you want to collect baseball cards, the best place to get them is from________"

"If you want to collect baseball cards, the best place to get them is from________"
After growing bored of listing/selling on ebay to get rid of the rest of my collection, I decided to pack them up and send them to my nephews who are 5 and 8 years old.  My brother picks up some packs here and there for them at Target once in awhile but he hasn't been able to find anything to buy recently as everything is out of stock.  I gave him the update on Retail Raiders and what's going on in the hobby so now he knows.

Anyway, felt bad for my nephews as they like baseball and getting cards here and there.  Figured what the heck, send them almost everything I've got and let them get a kick out of it especially with all the different designs from the past 30 years, shiny stuff, autos, jersey cards, etc.

They called me the other day to thank me for the cards.  The 8 year old lit up when he realized a lot of the cards are of players now in the HOF or about to be.  

The 5 year old though had the best advice.  "If you want to collect baseball cards, the best place to get them is from the Easter Bunny because he always leaves two packs in the basket."

RE: "If you want to collect baseball cards, the best place to get them is from________"
Great post RiceLynn! Age 6 or 7 is when my Dad first started buying me cards. Hopefully, your Nephews will stick with it!

RE: "If you want to collect baseball cards, the best place to get them is from________"
In August I sent a package of George Springer cards to my friend's son including a couple of jersey cards I got from Bonds20001 and some other inserts and a game used that I was able to obtain and his dad texted me back a picture of him grinning from ear to ear holding up a couple of the cards. He never saw them coming and it was so worth it to see the joy on that boy's face. I've never met him but he'll never forget me. He's eight years old and I think it's great that there are still youngsters interested in collecting cards.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

zeprock Wrote:In August I sent a package of George Springer cards to my friend's son including a couple of jersey cards I got from Bonds20001 and some other inserts and a game used that I was able to obtain and his dad texted me back a picture of him grinning from ear to ear holding up a couple of the cards. He never saw them coming and it was so worth it to see the joy on that boy's face. I've never met him but he'll never forget me. He's eight years old and I think it's great that there are still youngsters interested in collecting cards.
Yeah that's the best part.  I told my brother not to tell the kids they were coming as I wanted it to be a surprise.

Then he sent me a text photo of them organizing them on the couch in their own way.  That pic made my month.

zeprock Wrote:In August I sent a package of George Springer cards to my friend's son including a couple of jersey cards I got from Bonds20001 and some other inserts and a game used that I was able to obtain and his dad texted me back a picture of him grinning from ear to ear holding up a couple of the cards. He never saw them coming and it was so worth it to see the joy on that boy's face. I've never met him but he'll never forget me. He's eight years old and I think it's great that there are still youngsters interested in collecting cards.
WHAT!!  You gave my cards to a KID??  Why didn't you tell me??  I would have included a lot more for them to enjoy..who do they collect and what is the address??  Springer??  Let me know!!  Youth is the only way this hobby is going to survive!!!

rjcj2017 Wrote:Whaddya say?
I'd say you completely missed the point of my post.

That, and yes, I think everybody who collects cards at this point knows you don't like people who hoard at retail stores. You announce it in almost every thread you comment in.

I wish that was my biggest problem in life.

I will say I just stopped at my local Wal-Mart to get some printer paper, and decided to check the sports cards section. Everything was wiped out for baseball and football, and there were just 3 Hockey blasters.

This odd 2020 sports card phenomenon continues...

Well, considering Target and Wal Mart are not options right now, perhaps an LCS with an online shopping presence?