`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Prices

RE: 2021 Prices
ZSDOne Wrote:I think that is right - until I went ahead with the home improvement project that we were looking at for a while, I had lots of extra cash early in the summer - and even with the home improvement project, I still have some extra cash now.  I could afford to buy hobby boxes, but I don't see the value at $300+ for a box for something that would probably be bad value at $100.
Yeah it's pretty crazy.  I think the most I ever paid for a box was probably between $100-$150 and I only ever used to buy a few boxes a year and then just buy singles I wanted.

I don't remember when cards started getting really crazy but when they started doing something like $500 for a box, and sometimes more I think, and there was about a pack of cards in the box, I just took a backseat and let the others pay for that and bust the boxes then pick up the cards I wanted for a small fraction of that price.

RE: 2021 Prices
2021 Series One is about $115 for a hobby box - $230 for a jumbo box - pre-sell. I know it's the Topps 70 anniversary, so not sure what goodies will be available. I loved the 60th anniversary game/s with the die cut cards you could win (those die-cuts are still sweet!), cards from the vault and the complete sets. I think I "won" 3 complete sets - none still boxed up - LOL. Sold 2 off and broke one up for teams.

Anyway, looking to pick-up a case - not sure if hobby or jumbo. Jumbo's cost an average $.48 per card - hobby average $.34 per card. More cards in a case of hobby, but guarantee only an auto or relic per box. Jumbo guarantee's 1 auto + 2 relics per box.

I do not think prices will be coming down any time soon - covid or no covid.