`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Detroit Lions Mailday!

Awesome Detroit Lions Mailday!
Yes, the team has stunk for most of the last 60 years, but unfortunately they are my team.

Anyway, I want to thank my buddy dogger99 for another great trade that helped fill two big PC holes:

[Image: Lions.jpg]

Now, the one on the right is of Detroit's #3 overall pick, Jeff Okudah ... goes without saying I always try to get as many rookie autos as I can, and especially with the well-documented dearth of available product these days, I really appreciate him setting this card aside for me.

(Seriously, this trade was like two months in the making.)

But oddly enough, the card on the left may be my favorite out of the entire trade.

This 2015 Texas A&M Collection card from Panini is, to my knowledge, the only licensed trading card of Lions long snapper Don Muhlbach.

He has been the team's long snapper since 2004. It took him 11 years to get a card of any kind, and it's obviously not even in a pro jersey ... and he hasn't had any cards since.

Lions fans, who call him "The Mule," love him ... this is a huge and unique addition to my PC.

Looking forward to many more trades with my buddy dogger99.

RE: Awesome Detroit Lions Mailday!
Dogger99 is awesome. Congrats on the nice PC additions. At least you had Barry Sanders at one time.

RJ,

Glad to hear the cards made it. Didn't know all of that about Muhlbach. Honestly didn't even know he was in the NFL. Guess that is why he is in the A&M set (NFL tenure).
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:RJ,

Glad to hear the cards made it.  Didn't know all of that about Muhlbach.  Honestly didn't even know he was in the NFL.  Guess that is why he is in the A&M set (NFL tenure).
The card back is pretty cool, it actually has the Lions GM (at the time) saying how he's the Nolan Ryan of long snappers.

akaus Wrote:Dogger99 is awesome. Congrats on the nice PC additions. At least you had Barry Sanders at one time.
Yes, we were actually a fairly consistent playoff participant while he was there.

Barry is my all-time favorite athlete, hands down.

Congrats on the adds!

savagenate Wrote:Congrats on the adds!
Thank you, it was a great mailday.

Awesome adds! Kudos to Dogger as well for keeping the hobby alive and well.

jplarson Wrote:Awesome adds!  Kudos to Dogger as well for keeping the hobby alive and well.
Yep, he's a great trader.