`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tatis Jr pulling a Luis Robert

Tatis Jr pulling a Luis Robert
Looking at latest price increases updated today, Fernando Tatis Jr might just blow your mind...

The Trout are thinking about possibly jumping again too.

Lots of other fun increases too, and really not a ton of significant decreases, which indicates to me that the baseball card bubble is still very much alive, well, and expanding.

2020 Topps Chrome price values are going to be absurd when they come out.

RE: Tatis Jr pulling a Luis Robert
jbissell Wrote:Looking at latest price increases updated today, Fernando Tatis Jr might just blow your mind...

The Trout are thinking about possibly jumping again too.

Lots of other fun increases too, and really not a ton of significant decreases, which indicates to me that the baseball card bubble is still very much alive, well, and expanding.

2020 Topps Chrome price values are going to be absurd when they come out.
Even then, my 1985 Chrome Robert that will end up booking for $30 will still be listed for $150 on Doosh Bay by the bubble idiot sellers, and then the bubble idiot buyers will happily pay that.

Wow. Just checked in to see values. I see Tatis is around $30. I sold all 8 of mine about 2 month ago for $11 apiece. Now I wish I still had them. Oh well, I still have 3 more in my sets. Seems Robert is still about a $20 card, which is what I sold 2 of mine at about 2 weeks ago. Again, still have the ones in my 2 sets. Not sure I want to beak up sets though. 

As for Trout, it doesn't surprise me. They're out of the playoff race (again), and yet he wasn't traded (again). But his stuff is still going up. When I first started tracking these a couple of years ago, they were in the $600 range, then bumped to the $800 range. Now in the $900-$1k range. I still need one for my set, so I'll have to buy one eventually.

My problem is, I'd rather fork out $1k on a nice vintage card over some guy still playing. But that card might never be worth less than $900 again. At least until he retires ... maybe.

I have complete base sets that include Trout, Tatis, and Robert.  Tough decision whether to break up a set to sell values like they are now!

Base chrome cards for $200??!  Crazy.  I am not a greedy person but we all have to sell or downsize someday, so why not when the demand is high, right?!

Betts just bumped up, as well! His 1st Bowman Card (green chrome /75) just did a 100% jump.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Are these price increases due to the inherent jump in unopened wax? I mean blasters are disappearing off the retail shelves and being sold on the secondary market at higher values making every card in the box higher in value making the bonafide stars just that much more so. Just asking.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Prices are relative.  I have never heard people complain about the price of a beer but have heard complaints about the price of batteries.  One lasts 15-30 minutes and the other lasts about a year.  So, what's the deal, right?!

I didn't hear any outrage when the Trout Superfractor sold for nearly 4 million last month.  To me, that is stupidity!!  Is the buyer hoping it gets him hot women??

So, we should not get too fired up over a $5 card turning into a $60 card after 2-3 years.  Or, is it not the increase that is surprising but rather the player who increased?  Hmmm...