`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walter Payton collection

Walter Payton collection
When I'm not trying to collect every single bit of Topps Finest ever printed, I do have some outside interests.  Completing 2020 Score is one example.  My languished Alshon Jeffery collection is another.  My Walter Payton PC is one I'm growing more fond of.  Check out what I've been able to collect so far and if you have any kicking around, please let me know!  I figure what would really make this an amped up PC is the addition of a rookie card and an autograph, preferably from 1999 Upper Deck Retro Inkredible, always loved how clean that set looks.

http://jplarson.com/wpayton.html

http://jplarson.com/wpaytonwlist.html

RE: Walter Payton collection
Back in the early 2000s there was a LCS in my area that would let me trade singles for packs and/or boxes, a lot of times on the spot for stuff I just pulled.

Suffice it to say it got pretty crazy sometimes and it was easy to get caught up in the moment ... I can't tell you how many Topps Chrome LeBron James rookie cards I pulled and immediately traded (six, maybe?), for example.

One night they got this shipment of 2003 Signature Edition Football in, and I busted a few packs (I think it was one pack per box, maybe?).

I pulled a Walter Payton cut auto (the only cut auto I've ever pulled) and traded it a few minutes later, and have regretted it ever since.

I don't even remember what I traded it for.

Very cool collections! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has multiple collections lol!

rjcj2017 Wrote:Back in the early 2000s there was a LCS in my area that would let me trade singles for packs and/or boxes, a lot of times on the spot for stuff I just pulled.

Suffice it to say it got pretty crazy sometimes and it was easy to get caught up in the moment ... I can't tell you how many Topps Chrome LeBron James rookie cards I pulled and immediately traded (six, maybe?), for example.

One night they got this shipment of 2003 Signature Edition Football in, and I busted a few packs (I think it was one pack per box, maybe?).

I pulled a Walter Payton cut auto (the only cut auto I've ever pulled) and traded it a few minutes later, and have regretted it ever since.

I don't even remember what I traded it for.
I remember doing that back in the 90s at my LCS.  Traded away a a 1994-95 Topps Spectralight Grant Hill rookie for a bunch of packs of 1991 Action Packed Update football trying to pull an Emmitt Smith RC.  Why I didn't try to trade straight up for it I'll never know.....  I did manage to hang onto my 1994-95 Topps Embossed Golden Idols Michael Jordan.

savagenate Wrote:Very cool collections! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has multiple collections lol!
It's nice to have hobbies outside of my hobby Wink

jplarson Wrote:I remember doing that back in the 90s at my LCS.  Traded away a a 1994-95 Topps Spectralight Grant Hill rookie for a bunch of packs of 1991 Action Packed Update football trying to pull an Emmitt Smith RC.  Why I didn't try to trade straight up for it I'll never know.....  I did manage to hang onto my 1994-95 Topps Embossed Golden Idols Michael Jordan.

It's nice to have hobbies outside of my hobby Wink
My worst LCS move ever as a kid was bypassing the 3 for $1 packs of 1986-87 Fleer Basketball they had sitting by the register (because they couldn't get rid of them) and instead investing the $20 in birthday money I got from my grandparents into several packs of 1988 Topps Baseball.

They also had a Michael Jordan RC for $20 in the display case, but who would ever pay that much for a basketball card?

I would challenge anyone to come up with a future value disparity bigger than that one.