`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestige Mega Box and Blaster Break - Not So Good

Prestige Mega Box and Blaster Break - Not So Good
So I beat the sharks to a fresh display of Prestige football last night.

Never tried one, so grabbed one Mega box - $40 for four packs and two autos:

- Darrynton Evans auto
- Kenneth Murray auto
- Burrow base RC

Won't be doing any more of these. Also think it's funny that four packs of 10 cards is considered "mega" ...

Blaster:

- Only notable RC: Jeff Okudah for my Lions PC
- Mem: Alvin Kamara Stars of the NFL jersey, which is the same exact (and only) mem card I pulled out of some hangers and fat packs a couple weeks back

I mean, with all the autos and mem cards theoretically available in the blasters, what are the odds of pulling the same exact card?

Well, they can't all be winners, LOL

RE: Prestige Mega Box and Blaster Break - Not So Good
rjcj2017 Wrote:Won't be doing any more of these. Also think it's funny that four packs of 10 cards is considered "mega" ...
That is the same thing I mentioned in my Prestige thread a couple of weeks ago. 4 packs doesn't equal Mega.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:That is the same thing I mentioned in my Prestige thread a couple of weeks ago. 4 packs doesn't equal Mega.
The Murray is a decent auto and who knows about the Evans, but for $40 there wasn't a lot of meat in that box.

But hey, I tried it, and now I know.

rjcj2017 Wrote:The Murray is a decent auto and who knows about the Evans, but for $40 there wasn't a lot of meat in that box.

But hey, I tried it, and now I know.
Evans was a third round pick of the Titans -  a running back - he is one of the RPS players

A first round defensive player and RPS running back actually isn't bad at all for a $40 box.  

What numbered cards did you get?

ZSDOne Wrote:Evans was a third round pick of the Titans -  a running back - he is one of the RPS players

A first round defensive player and RPS running back actually isn't bad at all for a $40 box.  

What numbered cards did you get?
I got Winfield Jr. RC #d to 50, I believe ... the Patriots rookie kicker with the controversial tattoo #d to 75 (you can see the tattoo in the photo!), and then a base vet that I can't recall #d to 199 maybe?

Yeah, I mean, not bad.

Just not enough to get me to go for another one.

The Kamara jersey card in the blaster was the killer ... I'm like, I've pulled exactly one other mem card from this product and I just pulled a double.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Just not enough to get me to go for another one.
And that is just it - these boxes are still decent for $40, but I think it is pretty clear that they have produced a ton more of them than the did last year - the base set is much bigger than last year's and there are a whole bunch of clear sticker dumps in the vet autos.   There are a whole lot more "meh" autos and you aren't getting nearly as good of parallels (most boxes I got last year had a parallel numbered to /25 or /10 and none had parallels numbered to more than /100 - and it was a smaller set - so you can clearly see the much higher production numbers from last year)

Which makes it kind of funny that even though they produced a ton more of these things than last year it still is impossible to return from stores.

And as a comparison to last year - my two boxes from this year (sorry, I cannot give the parallels since I don't remember which came from which):

Jarratt Stidham - vet auto /25
A defensive player from Auburn drafted by the Falcons in the second round (too bad I'm not an Auburn fan, because this box really should have gone to an Auburn fan)

Box 2:
The running back from Vanderbilt who Tampa took in the third round - Vaughn or something (RPS player)
Joshua Kelly - fourth round RB to the Chargers (RPS player)

Add in your box and you see three RPS players, one vet, two defensive players (one first round, one second round)

Decent enough until you look at the first three boxes I got from last year

Box 1
Kerryon Johnson - vet auto
Miles Sanders - 2nd round RB - and one of the top rookies by performance last year

Box 2
On Card Auto (Passport) - D.K. Metcalf (fun fact, last year I pulled three D.K. Metcalf autos - all were on card - what are the odds?)
Trayvon Mullin (I think) - first round DB

Box 3
Emanuel Hall - UDFA Wide Out (my reaction "this is more what I expected, maybe those first two good boxes were flukes")
Emmitt Smith - History Makers autograph /3 ("maybe its actually worth picking up more of these boxes")

The make up of boxes will be interesting. I got into a break of Elite hoping to get a Jonathan Taylor or Zack Baun. The 3 boxes that were ripped had 2 McCaffrey low numbered Jersey cards out of 9 total hits, and every letter card that was pulled, I think there was 1 per box, was of McCaffrey. Crazy!

savagenate Wrote:The make up of boxes will be interesting. I got into a break of Elite hoping to get a Jonathan Taylor or Zack Baun. The 3 boxes that were ripped had 2 McCaffrey low numbered Jersey cards out of 9 total hits, and every letter card that was pulled, I think there was 1 per box, was of McCaffrey. Crazy!
Whoever had the Panthers in that break must have been happy

If you people are going to hijack my thread, it should at least be about the same product.

Who can afford Elite anyway?