`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout 2012 US144 question: July Update 33.3% increase

RE: Trout 2012 US144 question: July Update 33.3% increase
When I saw what Trouts second year cards were doing I went and bought a bunch of 2019 topps #1 cards just in case.

prosefan1 Wrote:When I saw what Trouts second year cards were doing I went and bought a bunch of 2019 topps #1 cards just in case.

Not a a bad idea!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

About 3-4 weeks ago, I ran across an antique store in the town where I work. They had a bunch of 1990s-2015ish cards. Nothing newer really. I was digging through the Trout stack, and I found 2 of the 2013 Topps Walmart Blue border cards for $5 each. I sold them for $50 together. 

He also had 2012 Topps #446 for $2 apiece. I bought all 5 of them ($10) and sold  them for $50 together. He also had 2013 Bowman Chrome, 2013 Topps Chrome, 2013 Topps Heritage for $2 apiece. All sell for around $12 apiece. Needless to say I made quite a money on this buy. My final buy at that antique store were a couple of early Lebron cards (second year inserts). I paid $3 combined for them and sold them for $25. 

I can't believe what second and third year Trout cards have been selling for compared to BV. Not sure what's going to happen with him opting out (that's what I'm hearing anyways). But with Trout, the Angels could make some noise, and his cards could go up even more.

prosefan1 Wrote:When I saw what Trouts second year cards were doing I went and bought a bunch of 2019 topps #1 cards just in case.
Curious what your ceiling would be for raw Trout cards in the second and third year sets. I am seeing a fair number of the Topps "gold cup" (2013 Topps, #27) card pop up now in the $12 - $15 range. Which seems inflated, but I guess that price could be here to stay if the second year cards remain at their current levels.

The same things are happening to Tom Brady cards, compare the BVs with the ebay sold prices.
Especially the 2002 Topps and Topps Chrome (he has 2 cards in each set). He didn't have a Topps or Topps Chrome rookie in 2000, or a Topps card in 2001, so these are his first Topps/Topps Chrome cards.
I've been picking up his 2002 base cards of brands where he doesn't have a rookie card like Stadium Club, Flair, Topps Heritage, etc.

The 2002 Topps are extremely condition sensitive, also you have to be careful because 2010 Topps did a reprint of the 2002 Topps which looks EXACTLY the same except for the 2010 copyright at the bottom of the back of the card.

mberger Wrote:The same things are happening to Tom Brady cards, compare the BVs with the ebay sold prices.
Especially the 2002 Topps and Topps Chrome (he has 2 cards in each set).  He didn't have a Topps or Topps Chrome rookie in 2000, or a Topps card in 2001, so these are his first Topps/Topps Chrome cards. 
I've been picking up his 2002 base cards of brands where he doesn't have a rookie card like Stadium Club, Flair, Topps Heritage, etc.

The 2002 Topps are extremely condition sensitive, also you have to be careful because 2010 Topps did a reprint of the 2002 Topps which looks EXACTLY the same except for the 2010 copyright at the bottom of the back of the card.
Another Brady card to watch is a 2005 promo card that I believe was inserted in one of the trading card magazines, maybe Beckett or Tuff Stuff or something? ... it is actually a mockup of a "throwback" 2000 Topps Brady RC that was obviously never made, complete with a rookie year photo and college stats on the back.

It is on regular card stock and I would not be surprised if it jumped given all the trading card craziness in the world right now.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Another Brady card to watch is a 2005 promo card that I believe was inserted in one of the trading card magazines, maybe Beckett or Tuff Stuff or something? ... it is actually a mockup of a "throwback" 2000 Topps Brady RC that was obviously never made, complete with a rookie year photo and college stats on the back.

It is on regular card stock and I would not be surprised if it jumped given all the trading card craziness in the world right now.
2005 Topps Throwbacks Promos - I've got the Curtis Martin, Favre and Mike Williams. Pretty cool cards.
Kepler

jaredhuizenga Wrote:2005 Topps Throwbacks Promos - I've got the Curtis Martin, Favre and Mike Williams. Pretty cool cards.
I think I also still have the Braylon Edwards card from that set in my "state of Michigan" PC.

rjcj2017 Wrote:I think I also still have the Braylon Edwards card from that set in my "state of Michigan" PC.
Oh Braylon... Go Blue! He and Derrick Anderson took the Browns to the playoffs...

seniordiamonte Wrote:Oh Braylon... Go Blue! He and Derrick Anderson took the Browns to the playoffs...
I'm thinking Jared should send his three to me and then I can try to complete the set.