`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Graded Cards Were Placed Into Boxes

When Graded Cards Were Placed Into Boxes
Back in I think the early 2000s, a few (or maybe 1?) companies inserted graded cards into their boxes.  I know Donruss did and am not sure who else did but I'm pretty sure there was another company out there that did this.

In any event, for anybody who ever bought these boxes, did you pull anything good?

RE: When Graded Cards Were Placed Into Boxes
Football did it with SGC in one set in 2000 UD encore. I didnt get Brady, I clearly remember pulling Ron Dayne, lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-UD-Encore-...Sw161e5W5o
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

captdolo Wrote:Football did it with SGC in one set in 2000 UD encore.    I didnt get Brady, I clearly remember pulling Ron Dayne, lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-UD-Encore-...Sw161e5W5o

Oh wow, I didn't know SGC did this!  They were my favorite grading company, primarily due to their holder, though from what I've seen their new tab is horrendous. I thought I remember PSA maybe doing it but this was 20 years ago and my memory isn't the best.

I know the gimmick you're speaking of, and in my experience I only ever pulled BCCG cards. Some of them had fabric and bat pieces in the upper section near the flip, but it was always BCCG 8 or 9 cards of $0.15 commons. Even the McGwire "rookie" I pulled was the late 90s reprint.

I quit buying those boxes.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

In football Collector's Edge did this in 2000 with their Supreme and T3 sets at minimum. Anyone interested in an Anthony Becht PSA9???