`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found Some Retail Football! 1 Blaster, SAGE High Series

Found Some Retail Football! 1 Blaster, SAGE High Series
Sad state of affairs when you are elated to find SAGE retail football.

My best base cards were Joe Burrow base and silver parallel.

My autos were:

David Woodward, Utah State LB
Tyler Higby, Michigan State OL
La'Michael Pettway, Iowa State WR 
Stephen "Buckshot" Calvert Peak Performance/50

The most interesting thing to me about the blaster was the interior packaging ... the base cards and the autos/inserts came in their own separate labeled mini boxes.

I like the slightly thicker card stock this year, and much prefer the generic college uniforms rather than the workout gear used in past years' releases.

RE: Found Some Retail Football! 1 Blaster, SAGE High Series
Not bad for a Sage Blaster - in years past getting a Peak Performance auto out of blasters is rare - although it would have been nicer if the Peak Performance was someone better

The blaster I got also had a numbered "Buckshot" Calvert auto - the Liberty University quarterback seems like a rather random choice to include in this product - as far as I know he wasn't a serious NFL prospect at all.

ZSDOne Wrote:Not bad for a Sage Blaster - in years past getting a Peak Performance auto out of blasters is rare - although it would have been nicer if the Peak Performance was someone better

The blaster I got also had a numbered "Buckshot" Calvert auto - the Liberty University quarterback seems like a rather random choice to include in this product - as far as I know he wasn't a serious NFL prospect at all.
Yeah, I don't think I'll be doing another one ... was happy with the Burrow silver parallel and the Higby auto for my "state of Michigan" PC.

Of course, even if I wanted another one I'm assuming they're all gone by now, it's been at least 19 hours, LOL

I probably would have gotten at least two just because I like to collect autograph cards

ZSDOne Wrote:I probably would have gotten at least two just because I like to collect autograph cards
I didn't see any USC guys on the high number checklist, I know Austin Jackson (OL), first rounder of the Dolphins, was on the Low Series list.

That's my primary PC.

rjcj2017 Wrote:I didn't see any USC guys on the high number checklist, I know Austin Jackson (OL), first rounder of the Dolphins, was on the Low Series list.

That's my primary PC.
Usually with SAGE, the low series tends to have better autographs 

The base cards actually look really nice this year - I guess I have to hope that when I am finally able to travel again that the LCS I usually get SAGE hobby boxes (the local one doesn't carry Sage) from still has a low series box - since that is probably the only way I am going to be getting some.