`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask Not for Whom the Bell (inger) Tolls ...

Ask Not for Whom the Bell (inger) Tolls ...
Okay, so could the 2017 Topps Update US50A Bellinger RC be the next Trout?
The prices on nearly every Bellinger card shows green arrows, but the US50A has been creeping up above the others. In fact, if memory serves, it was just around the same time (3rd season) when Trouts card hit the same value price. Please note: I am NOT condoning speculators to hoard his cards, but if real card collectors here do not have one, maybe pick one up while its relatively affordable? I do not want to hear you complain 3 or 4 years from now. Smile
Ask not for whom Bellinger Tolls... He Tolls for Thee!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Ask Not for Whom the Bell (inger) Tolls ...
I have always acquired and collected who I like as a player and person with some personality, so Bellinger has been part of my PC since his 1st Bowman card came out. I have 2 of those cards by accident...did not realize I had one and traded for another, but not too surprised they have increased as I put him talent-wise with Judge, Acuna and Soto.

(05-10-2020, 08:47 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I have always acquired and collected who I like as a player and person with some personality, so Bellinger has been part of my PC since his 1st Bowman card came out. I have 2 of those cards by accident...did not realize I had one and traded for another, but not too surprised they have increased as I put him talent-wise with Judge, Acuna and Soto.
Agreed, he has much talent and is playing in a great media market. If he maintains what he has shown, he will be a top tier player for years to come. If he gets better with experience he may supersede all expectations.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

On Friday I was going through a box of 2017 base cards that probably has not been touched since 2017. I ended up finding two of the Bellinger rookies and a US50B short print. Not a bad find at all!
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

(05-10-2020, 02:04 PM)ThomasAA23 Wrote: On Friday I was going through a box of 2017 base cards that probably has not been touched since 2017. I ended up finding two of the Bellinger rookies and a US50B short print. Not a bad find at all!
Not bad at all ... Is it just me that finds it weird that the US50B sp and the US50C ssp are guiding for less than the US50A?

(05-10-2020, 02:26 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Not bad at all ... Is it just me that finds it weird that the US50B sp and the US50C ssp are guiding for less than the US50A?
There are many instances of this...Mike Trout 2013 Panini Prizm base card is higher than the SP version; Luis Robert Bowman Chrome is higher than the refractor version; and so on and so on.

Does not make sense.

(05-10-2020, 03:03 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: There are many instances of this...Mike Trout 2013 Panini Prizm base card is higher than the SP version; Luis Robert Bowman Chrome is higher than the refractor version; and so on and so on.
Does not make sense.
Very strange and inconsistent.

Correction on my last post the: us50c ssp is in the guide as n/a which is to assume less than 25 exist? Does anyone know the reported print runs on SP and SSP cards by Topps?