`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaw with Beckett Organize

Flaw with Beckett Organize
I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but i ran into this problem.

I decided to stop working on some sets, so I had the working on in one box and the extras in another box. I entered the set into the organize listing them as Have 1 and Trade Away 1. Later I pulled out the extras and went through and entered them. When I checked my ORG, there was only 1 Have and 1 Trade Away.

I then decided to try this with one card. I found a card in my ORG that I have and then i searched for it and tried to add another one. I then went back to my ORG and there was still one.

The only thing I can think of is that when I added the card the second time i would need to enter 2 Have and 2 Trade Away so that it accounts for the original and the new one. This is really dumb becuase it is supposed to be "ADD TO COLLECTION" which means you have one and then you add one.

Anyone experience this?
- - - - - - - -
As for my wife, my children & myself our hero is Jesus Christ.
Bowman's Best Project (6/1/23)
Cards Have/Total Cards: 3992/19,873 (20.1%) 
Value Have/Total Value: $20,838/$455,802 (4.6%)

RE: Flaw with Beckett Organize
I don't think it's a flaw. I think you have to approach it at a different angle. I cannot add a card to my ORG that is already in my ORG unless I acquire it via the Trade function in which case a second card will appear in my Recently Traded collection. If I want to add a duplicate of a card, I have to go to the circular arrows icon on the far right of my collection listing and click it in order to add a second card (duplicate). The other way is as you mentioned, changing your "Haves" and "Trade Aways" to mimic how many cards you have to trade.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Beckett does not add to a card in your collection automatically. If you have it in your ORG and then add it again it does not change the quantities of what you already have in your ORG, only new cards. It will reduce if you trade and then puts those in the Recently traded folder so you can see what changed. If you have cards in your ORG the only way to change the quantities for additions is to do it manually. Technically not a flaw.

Thanks for the responses, I wish i knew this before, as now, I do not know what all is entered and what is not. The duplicate is something i knew about and forgot. The other option is i go into the ORG and search for the set and then add the additional cards that I have, it is kind of a pain to do it this way.

This is the problem with the setup: For Example say I have 90 cards of 2020 Topps and I buy another box, first, I have to look at my collection and add quantities to what I already have, then search the 2020 Topps and add the ones through the search that I did not already have one of. This could be a pain (as I found out) if you don't remember everything you have. Say you have a bunch of 2001 stuff and then you buy a collection and you go to enter what you bought, you could have already have had 1 of card #150, but unless you remember you already have card #150 when you add the 6 you just bought through the search it will only show up as one card in org, thus not giving you an accurate assessment of your collection.

Thanks for the responses, i think you made my job easier. Now, I just have to figure out what is missing from what i thought was entered.
- - - - - - - -
As for my wife, my children & myself our hero is Jesus Christ.
Bowman's Best Project (6/1/23)
Cards Have/Total Cards: 3992/19,873 (20.1%) 
Value Have/Total Value: $20,838/$455,802 (4.6%)

If you add all of your newly acquired cards to your Recently Added collection or some other generic collection (I have one I call Purgatory) then the cards you already have will show up there along with whatever tags you have assigned them making them easy to spot. I NEVER add cards to the collections I want my cards in. I ALWAYS add them to my Purgatory collection so I'll know if any of them are dupes or not. From there I move them to the collections I want them to be in. That works great for me.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html