`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
I'm going to risk it...

I'm going to risk it...
At least the regular commentators on here seem to be level headed, so I'm going to risk this post. It's not meant to be political, merely a quick fact check and a quick history lesson. I'm not a historian, but I read tons and study it as a hobby. That's my background. I hate lies and misinformation, so I'm going to clear it up.

I saw a news story today, followed by a quick check of twitter, that has some NFL fans in an uproar over a tattoo that the Patriots new punter has. For those who maybe missed the drama, its of a III% symbol. He's receiving all sorts of hate for being a "right wing extremist", "militia member", "white supremacist", amongst other things. The Southern Poverty Law Center, who's designations leave much to be desired, have labeled anyone identified in the group as a far-right, antigovernment, Nazi group, and should be on a domestic terrorist watch list.

So here's the facts. Whether you agree with them or not doesn't matter. Just so you can all form your own opinion if so inclined. Disclosure, I am not a member, though anyone can claim to be a 3%, that doesn't mean they stand for the actual group that claims the name.

1) The 3% label is an attempt to honor the estimated (by some) 3% of Americans who fought in the American Revolution. Actively fought, not supported, clothed, fed, etc. They see it as honoring the Founding Fathers and their ideals that have made America, well, America.

2) They are not a militia. They are a loose group of affiliated sub-groups. Their main goal is protect the Second Amendment, and the liberties we all enjoy. There are some bad apples for sure, but the goal of the group is that of above.

3) They are not anti-government. They view themselves as a check against tyranny, whether from home or abroad. Again, for the rights of ALL Americans. They largely support law enforcement and the military in anyway they can, and have provided help to local communities (like bringing tons of gallons of water to Flint, MI, for which I can vouch for personally as I was in contact and saw the evidence of). They are very much pro-government and pro-community, in adherence to the intentions of the Founding Fathers ideals.

4) They are not Nazis. They have a diverse group setting of races and religions.

So, again, I do not speak for the group, nor am I a member. I'm not really a big fan of a lot of their choices. But when there have been several...questionable...things allowed by the NFL, a patriotic tattoo should not be censored or the person allowed to be bullied after what the NFL has allowed in the past. It's hypocritical. I hope the poor kid holds strong to his belief, if that's why he got the tattoo. I hope the Patriots stand by him.

Any questions? Feel free to ask. I've been studying militias, their legality, their mission statements, etc, for 6 years. I've spent a lot of time studying our founding as a country. So maybe I can help keep the record straight, and you all can decide whether you like it or not based on old fashioned facts. I wish the kid the best of luck with his new team and in life! This is a rough way to start lol.
I'll delete this if it gets out of hand. Just trying to get the facts out.

RE: I'm going to risk it...
People really need to stop making a big deal out of everything. What has happened to society??!

Totally unrelated, but an example of how everyone has gone crazy being critical...
A co-worker put out candy daily and mentioned how it would be nice if those who ate it would chip in a dollar or two. So, as a Senior Manager, I sent out a friendly email that if you enjoy the candy then consider putting in a couple bucks.

A different co-worker went to my Supervisor and complained that I was bullying her into paying and I was reprimanded for that email. CRAZY!!
My response was "if she feels bad it is her fault for not paying anything". Nobody else had a problem with it but that one person ruined the kind action of another.

(04-26-2020, 10:52 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: People really need to stop making a big deal out of everything. What has happened to society??!

Totally unrelated, but an example of how everyone has gone crazy being critical...
A co-worker put out candy daily and mentioned how it would be nice if those who ate it would chip in a dollar or two. So, as a Senior Manager, I sent out a friendly email that if you enjoy the candy then consider putting in a couple bucks.

A different co-worker went to my Supervisor and complained that I was bullying her into paying and I was reprimanded for that email. CRAZY!!
My response was "if she feels bad it is her fault for not paying anything". Nobody else had a problem with it but that one person ruined the kind action of another.
Lol, that is ridiculous! We live in a world of thin skinned people and people who think that you have to think the way they do, or you are dangerous to them. What happened to "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"?

This is right up there with Nike pulling a shoe that honored Betsy Ross cuz that moron Kaepernick thought it was a racist flag.
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

(04-27-2020, 05:14 PM)Jquinn83 Wrote: This is right up there with Nike pulling a shoe that honored Betsy Ross cuz that moron Kaepernick thought it was a racist flag.
Exactly