Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Jordan RCs DAMN!!

Michael Jordan RCs DAMN!!
Hello all,

Saw an article that MJ Rcs were jumping in value since the Last Dance has been airing and damn they have jumped.

Fleer rc jumped $1000 since 4/16
Fleer RC Sticker jumped $300 since 4/16

I have had the Sticker in my PC for years, back then it was $100.
The Fleer Rc I picked up less than a year ago in a trade with the LCS and to gain $1000 all ready is incredible.

Thx for the read,

Art

RE: Michael Jordan RCs DAMN!!
I would expect any Michael Jordan Cards to go up in Value. You have to really Follow Beckett I've seen his cards go up in Value but No Arrows. Check you Last Beckett and Noticed all the Arrows for Kobe Bryant,

I have 2 MJ 86 fleer rc and 4 of the stickers to get graded. I also plan to get my entire set from that year graded. I have never had a card graded before but these have all been cased since I opened in 1986. Aside from centering issues and occasional surface blemish they are all pristine.
I'm looking for recommendations on grading. PSA or Beckett? Sub grading or no?

Since I'm not a regular or a big time submitter I am concerned I may not get as high a ratings. Is this a legitimate concern?

Thanks

You may want to consider selling extras. I think between the hype surrounding the documentary, people being stuck had home with card shops and shows closed, people not going out and spending money, and the stimulus checks, the buying has been crazy and it's driven prices up.

Sadly I was only doing baseball in 1986 so I have a lot of baseball from around those years which was about the start of the junk era. My only good 1986-97 Fleer story is that I bought a pack with the back opened at a flea market in my hometown probably in 1990. They wanted 10 cents for it. If you want to trade one of the stickers I'd be interested.

The 12 regular cards in the pack were nothing great, but the sticker was Michael Jordan. It was worth around $100 at the time and it was not centered so I sold it for $40. I still have the wrapper which is selling for $20+. Wish I had saved the sticker.

If you want to see more crazy pricing look at everything 2012 Prizm related...Lebron, Brady, Trout, Harper, Griffey, Jeter, etc. Regular issue cards selling for over $100. Amazing.

I am pretty sure that PSA is the grading company to go with if you are looking for the most money (as a seller), but the BGS cases are much nicer. It's personal preference unless you're looking at resale value. Compare PSA 8 and BGS 8 MJs on ebay sold items.

Mike