Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pretty Solid 2020 Donruss Mega Break

Pretty Solid 2020 Donruss Mega Break
Friends,

The Target in my neighborhood stocked some new stuff for the first time in about a month, so I grabbed two mega boxes of 2020 Donruss for $39.99 each.

14 packs per box, eight cards per pack, one auto per box.

I was pretty happy with the results and am likely done with this product.

Notable Rated Rookies - Luis Robert, Aristides Aquino

(Robert was the card I wanted the most in this set.)

Notable pink foil parallels - Wander Franco, Bobby Witt Jr., Yordan Alvarez x2

Notable USA Pride insert - Spencer Torkelson ... Tigers fans are hoping he'll be our #1 overall pick in June.

Autos:

Aaron Civale, Indians Signature Series - Notable because there is a hair imbedded in the sticker ... first time I've ever seen this and surprised it doesn't happen more often. Just hoping it is from above the waist.

Michael Shawaryn, Red Sox 86 Retro - This is probably the worst card on the 100 card checklist. Notable because Jo Adell is the card listed directly above it, continuing my 20-year tradition of missing a great auto by exactly one spot.

Other than that, the usual parallels and inserts ... the best one is probably the pink Harper 86 Retro Highlight.

No Trouts in 28 packs, though I may have pulled the Garrett Mitchell USA card where he's on the back, but I'll have to go back and look.

Thanks for reading!

RE: Pretty Solid 2020 Donruss Mega Break
Not bad at all! What are the mega boxes? I have seen people talk about them before but don't think they are in Canada. Is the idea a retail box that guarantees a hit?
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

(04-22-2020, 03:26 PM)ThomasAA23 Wrote: Not bad at all! What are the mega boxes? I have seen people talk about them before but don't think they are in Canada. Is the idea a retail box that guarantees a hit?
Yeah, they actually say "mega box" on the packaging and guarantee an auto.

Physically they are bigger boxes and are also more expensive ... $39.99 versus $19.99 for a blaster.

Nice! Too bad we can't get those here though
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

(04-22-2020, 02:27 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Notable USA Pride insert - Spencer Torkelson ... Tigers fans are hoping he'll be our #1 overall pick in June.
Yes! Avila better not f*** it up!

(04-23-2020, 06:41 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Yes! Avila better not f*** it up!
They're also talking about Austin Martin from Vanderbilt ... I know it's dumb but he looks physically like Dansby Swanson, another Vanderbilt kid with long hair and what not ... something tells me we shouldn't take him.

Swanson is a good player but I don't know if he'd go #1 again.

I say go with Tork.

Brandon Dixon led the Tigers with 15 home runs last year ... 15 ... not 51.

15 used to be a good month for the Fielder family.

We desperately need power in the lineup and it seems like he could be in the bigs pretty quickly.

(04-22-2020, 02:27 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Friends,

The Target in my neighborhood stocked some new stuff for the first time in about a month, so I grabbed two mega boxes of 2020 Donruss for $39.99 each.

14 packs per box, eight cards per pack, one auto per box.

I was pretty happy with the results and am likely done with this product.

Notable Rated Rookies - Luis Robert, Aristides Aquino

(Robert was the card I wanted the most in this set.)

Notable pink foil parallels - Wander Franco, Bobby Witt Jr., Yordan Alvarez x2

Notable USA Pride insert - Spencer Torkelson ... Tigers fans are hoping he'll be our #1 overall pick in June.

Autos:

Aaron Civale, Indians Signature Series - Notable because there is a hair imbedded in the sticker ... first time I've ever seen this and surprised it doesn't happen more often. Just hoping it is from above the waist.

Michael Shawaryn, Red Sox 86 Retro - This is probably the worst card on the 100 card checklist. Notable because Jo Adell is the card listed directly above it, continuing my 20-year tradition of missing a great auto by exactly one spot.

Other than that, the usual parallels and inserts ... the best one is probably the pink Harper 86 Retro Highlight.

No Trouts in 28 packs, though I may have pulled the Garrett Mitchell USA card where he's on the back, but I'll have to go back and look.

Thanks for reading!
Great break down of the boxes.
Thanks for sharing

I bought some more of the Donruss yesterday and today. Think this will be the last I will buy. Extras are starting to stack up. Let me know when you have yours added to the ORG and I will hit you up for a possible trade. Rob
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I went back and checked and did indeed pull the Garrett Simpson USA card with Trout on the back, so technically that was my lone Trout card in 28 packs.