`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday means nothing for most

Wednesday means nothing for most
For 23 years, April 15th has meant a lot to me as a tax accountant. Not only is it a major tax deadline but also marks the last day of working late and weekends until next January. Exclamation

April 15th, 2020 means hardly anything to me unless you have a corporation that needs to make a state tax estimate payment. Talk about a weird feeling! Huh

Anyway, the reason I brought this us is because I have had plenty of time to organize my collection and verify what I have available for trade and will soon add a barrage of prospect autographs from Elite Extra Edition (if anybody cares).

Otherwise, you may hear from me soon with a trade offer you cannot deny! Big Grin

RE: Wednesday means nothing for most
Congrats on your impending freedom, Kerry!

I know my buddy that used to do my taxes was always the same way ... locked in his office on nights and weekends up to the 15th, and then it was party time after that.

(04-13-2020, 03:26 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Congrats on your impending freedom, Kerry!

I know my buddy that used to do my taxes was always the same way ... locked in his office on nights and weekends up to the 15th, and then it was party time after that.
Right! Except that my idea of partying is a cold Mt Dew with cards surrounding me!
And, my daughter's birthday is the 16th, so that too.

(04-13-2020, 03:28 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Right! Except that my idea of partying is a cold Mt Dew with cards surrounding me!
Substitute a Diet Cherry Dr Pepper and it sounds like a party to me!

My late stepdad was a tax accountant and the 15th was the day he finished working on all his paying clients and the 16th was when he started working on all the extensions filed for his freeloading family members. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Isnt Diet Cherry Dr Pepper redundant? I thought Dr Pepper by default was a cherry flavored beverage. LOL!!

(04-14-2020, 09:54 AM)jbissell Wrote: Isnt Diet Cherry Dr Pepper redundant? I thought Dr Pepper by default was a cherry flavored beverage. LOL!!
I tried Dr. Pepper once...thought I was going to gag a little. My kids explained that you basically take 8 soda flavors and combine them. Definitely an acquired taste.

Not that there is anything wrong with it!! (from Seinfeld)

(04-13-2020, 03:28 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Right! Except that my idea of partying is a cold Mt Dew with cards surrounding me!
And, my daughter's birthday is the 16th, so that too.
Hey, sounds like a party to me. Hard to beat a cold Mountain Dew.

Happy early birthday to your daughter!

(04-14-2020, 10:57 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I tried Dr. Pepper once...thought I was going to gag a little. My kids explained that you basically take 8 soda flavors and combine them. Definitely an acquired taste.

Not that there is anything wrong with it!! (from Seinfeld)
No, of course not! Smile

Yeah, I do not like Dr Pepper, but Cherry Dr Pepper is better, IMO
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

So, another day of working from home but today nobody cares to send work or ask questions. That has given me time to organize my collection a bit more and, more importantly, figure out what I have and what I need. Trading offers coming soon!

I will be drinking a Mt. Dew in your daughter's honor today, tomorrow, and probably every day after that. I hope she appreciates all the hard work I am putting in to celebrate her birthday. I hope to get my collection better organized also.