`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Giants should
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Draft an o-lineman
57.14%
4 57.14%
trade down
42.86%
3 42.86%
take a defensive guy
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the 4th overall pick, the Giants...

With the 4th overall pick, the Giants...
Loving the answers and debates so far! Let's keep going!

Giants are another team in need of a lot of help. They have their QB, RB, decent WRs, a decent TE, but massive holes on the o-line and defense. Young will be gone. But there are 4 really good tackles in this 1st round. However, this may be a little rich, so I think they'd love to trade down if they can.

A few scenarios-

1) Stay and take your pick at OT
2) Trade down to add more picks
3) Stay and take a defensive player(Simmons/Okudah/etc

RE: With the 4th overall pick, the Giants...
The Giants are exactly why I say the Lions should not get cute and trade down, because I'm almost positive New York will draft the best of whatever defensive players are left between Okudah, Simmons, Brown, etc.

Meaning, Detroit should take either the best defensive player available or the best offensive lineman available to keep Stafford upright, and this notion gets compromised if they trade back.

I say grab the best tackle available, protect investments they've made at QB and RB.

(02-25-2020, 01:22 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The Giants are exactly why I say the Lions should not get cute and trade down, because I'm almost positive New York will draft the best of whatever defensive players are left between Okudah, Simmons, Brown, etc.

Meaning, Detroit should take either the best defensive player available or the best offensive lineman available to keep Stafford upright, and this notion gets compromised if they trade back.
How so? because if you're saying take best OL OR defensive player, one of those options will still be available at 5.

Take Jedrick Wills and make Daniel Jones and Saquan Barkley happy.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(02-26-2020, 09:50 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: How so? because if you're saying take best OL OR defensive player, one of those options will still be available at 5.

Take Jedrick Wills and make Daniel Jones and Saquan Barkley happy.
What I'm saying is identify the player you want not named Burrow or Young, then pick that guy at 3.

Personally I think they should be looking at the best O-lineman or the best defensive player available ... I don't think any other position/skill groups are enough of a need to pick that high.

If you trade back to 5, you run a chance of that guy being gone when you pick.

Example ... say you've narrowed it down to Andrew Thomas (OT) from Georgia and Jeff Okudah (CB) from Ohio State as your best O-line/defensive prospects.

But you grade Thomas higher than Okudah and see him as more of an instant contributor and long term fixture.

You trade back, thinking he'll be there at 5.

Then the Giants take him to protect Daniel Jones and open lanes for Saquon Barkley.

So you end up "settling" for Okudah, as he was the second best player on your board.

The math almost never works out, and I don't trust the Lions to make good enough picks with those extra second and third rounders to justify it.

It's just an odd draft to have the third pick.

I selected O-line here for the Giants - they need to protect their last two first round picks

(02-26-2020, 01:36 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I selected O-line here for the Giants - they need to protect their last two first round picks
They could be pretty good with health and added O-line depth ... Jones was very, very good and got almost no pub.

I think it'll depend on the market for Tua, if he is still there. Theres a good chance that even if the dolphins decide they wouldn't take him at 5, they'll let it leak they will, forcing someone to move up to 4 and save the player Miami really wants for them at 5. But if Tua is there, Giants might get an offer from the Chargers or Panthers that they can't refuse. They'd still be able to nab a top 2 -o-lineman if they trade down a couple spots, in all likelyhood.

Idk, lots of people are on the Tua bandwagon, I'm just not sold. To me, the best place for him to go would be the Chargers where they have a capable back up who can either start while Tua gets fully healthy, or can take over if/when Tua gets hurt...again.