`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Shops

Card Shops
Since I don't have an LCS nearby, I am always curious about those who actually have them.

What do you like about yours? Is there something really cool or special about it? Let's talk hobby shops and give them some love.

RE: Card Shops
The place i shop at is Cardboard Memories. They have all the stuff you want in all sports but most are Hockey and baseball, including comic books and tons of Anime stuff but what makes this place special is that he holds contest every week on Pokeman challenges and others that i am not familiar with. He has a big gathering.

In Toronto, there is Dolly's and 401 Games. I think it's great that Dolly's opened a downtown location.

There aren't enough LCSs, unfortunately, but at least the Toronto Card Show helps by bringing in vendors who have shops, are big show vendors and casual collectors setting up alike.

A few years ago we had the luxury of 4 or 5 Card shops in the small city of Saint John, NB Canada.
Now, we just have One - The Coin Cabinet.
Steve brings in lots of Hockey, Baseball, other sports and many non-sports cards.
He specializes in Coins, but also has plenty of nice framed hockey pics, many of which are autographed.

Prices are reasonable and a great place to finish sets and meet fellow collectors also.

I live in Edmonton. I go to Wayne's near the West Edmonton Mall. If miss one or two cards in a set they will usually hook me up. They are always friendly.

Being in the military I've moved around the southeast part of the United States. In Germany there was not a card store anywhere near me. The same story when I moved to Georgia. So during these times I had to rely on the internet to order hobby boxes and single cards. When I moved to North Carolina the closest card store was an hour and half. So I would only go there about once a month. In Flordia a card store opened in a comic store after I was there for six months. Here in Ohio I have a card store 10 minutes away. I loved the store. I have a wall case there so I can sell cards there. Also we trade cards there with other collectors all time. I always looking forward to my weekly visit to the store.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I am in the Philly area where at one time there were 10+ stores within a 10 mile radius. Since ebay and the internet all the stores I use to frequent have closed. It was a place where you met fellow collectors and talked about cards and sports. I miss those days. My only hockey fix is when I go to the Expo every 6 months. Yes there are closer Card shows but a minimal amount of hockey is available.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia