`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Leather and Lumber Die Cut Full Set?

Leather and Lumber Die Cut Full Set?
I'm finishing up some 2019 baseball sets and I have noticed that there are 9-10 die cut base cards in the 100 card set that seem to be missing. One card can be seen as sold on ebay but all others don't seem to show a history of sold items on ebay and I have continued to see none for sale anywhere else in the marketplace to purchase. I see the parallels to the base die cuts but not the base die cuts I'm looking for. I can even see the die cuts are available for the retail version of the set. I've reached out to Panini but never received a response. Hoping to find an answer with the real experts on this message board in hopes of either confirming the cards exist or if I should cut my search out completely.

I've noticed that there do seem to be issues with Panini getting the cards evenly distributed in boxes because I've noticed when I buy boxes from local hobby shops or from other sellers, I seem to get duplicates from within the same box and given the low number of cards you get in a hobby box, this seemed very noticeable early on. Subsequently the same thing has seemed to happen when I bought from different sellers. This continues to make me think it's bad collation on Panini's part and why I cant find them but I also dont see anywhere on the web that others are having the same problem or if I'm just looking for unicorns. I've read that Panini can be bad at properly communicating full checklists at times so I'm not sure f that's more of what is happening here.

Here are the following cards that seem to be elusive for me. Can anyone confirm? Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance to any insight.

45 Belt, 44 Buehler, 32 Verlander, 19 Strasburg, 18 Severino, 16 Baez, 15 Snell, 7 Hernandez, 4 Pillar, 1 Mikolas

RE: Leather and Lumber Die Cut Full Set?
#15 and #16 have pics uploaded in the beckett OPG so they exist.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

If you're simply looking at eBay, then you may not see them as a lot of base cards are not listed often. I did check and most of the ones you listed are available with pictures on COMC (though prices are high). #19 Strasburg is available on SportLots.com for $0.99 + shipping.
I'd be willing to be that all of the cards you listed are out there just need to spend some time searching them out. Hopefully someone can help you complete the set.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-07-2020, 01:35 PM)djohn Wrote: If you're simply looking at eBay, then you may not see them as a lot of base cards are not listed often. I did check and most of the ones you listed are available with pictures on COMC (though prices are high). #19 Strasburg is available on SportLots.com for $0.99 + shipping.
I'd be willing to be that all of the cards you listed are out there just need to spend some time searching them out. Hopefully someone can help you complete the set.
Thank you to both of you for the replies. I needed assistance and why I hoped this would be the best place to find answers. I had started my search on eBay and to also check on sold items to see if any history of the cards were out there. In most cases they don't show a sold history with the exception of 3-4 out of the 10 cards. One of those was the Strausburg card I was just able to get from Sportlots, thanks to the info provided.

From there, i started checking on Beckett and again, no luck but at least some images were available and it could be seen those base die cuts exist but again, not all images are there so it's still somewhat unknown on all of the cards I mention.

I did look at COMC's website based on the comment but didn't see the base die cuts for any of the cards I listed and it may be possible someone already grabbed them over the past 2 days. Only version I see of the die cuts are the gold and blue parallels, which are quite pricey. They also seem to have plenty of the retail base set cards and surprisingly some of those are quite pricey for non hobby cards. Ironically there were 10 base die cut cards COMC didn't have out of the 100 card set and they are the 10 cards I listed. The other 90 cards from the set are available for purchase. I believe COMC is the seller on Ebay that had a sales history for a few of the cards back in November 2019.

I've google searched quite a bit at this point and sportslots is one that I never visited and was able to get at least one more off the list as a result. I've come across others looking for cards from the same die cut base set and there is a common theme to others looking for the same exact cards.

At this point I'm just going to continue to keep an eye out for the cards or I may be fortunate and someone may see this post and reach out. At this point, I've bought way to many boxes of this hobby product to not have a base set and while a hunt can be fun when building sets, it's shocking to see how difficult this one has been for me given it's still fairly recent.

This is a great community and I appreciate everyone who has helped and commented and appreciate any others with feedback!