`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question

Question
Do you guys have a minimum vale on cards before you put them in penny sleeves and top loaders. I save every rc that I pull so I have a 5,000 ct box of rookie cards with little to no value. I have another box where the minimum value is about $4.00 a card and up. I also do that with prospects, and parallels, and other cards.

RE: Question
$1 to $5 in penny sleeves and then box or binder. $6 and up in toploader and boxed. Less than $1 in box only.

(12-07-2019, 11:47 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: $1 to $5 in penny sleeves and then box or binder. $6 and up in toploader and boxed. Less than $1 in box only.
Funny you should ask..going through the 2005-2009 cards and removing them from the $3 boxes if worth next to nothing now and storing them in plastic boxes etc..keeping just the $3 and up cards in top loaders and show boxes for easy location in trades/sales...

Everyone has a different limit, but with 100000 cards..you have to set some limits..

For me its $3.00 to $5.00 for sleeves anything higher then that go into a sleeve and a hard sleeve. I always where Medical gloves when i Open boxes and go through all my Rookie cards that are not in a sleeve to make sure no finger prints on exposed to the cards especially cards that are Chrome.

I put cards that are less than $5 BV (or $10 or less that really don't hold any value) into my traders box. Upon them being traded, I will sleeve them up, and place them into the appropriate casing when shipping. Other than that, I place everything into sleeves. Every card that is $10 or more, plus ones that are close ($8 Trout, $5 RC of hottest players) get stored in sleeves with top loaders. Anything that is $100 or more is in a One Touch.

I put anything under $10 in pennys, and above that in a toploader with a penny sleeve.

If I ever get anything legit over $500, I may go further than that.

All PC, Stars and Hot Rookie's get a Penny Sleeve and Toploader.

All Autos go into a One Touch as well as any card $50 and up.

I pull all the RCs, inserts, parallels, refractors and SPs and sleeve all of them. They got into 1 box. The stars and HOFers are sorted by name, while everything else is sorted by team. As I said, all players are in penny sleeves in that category. I might topload some stuff, but I don't do it often.

Then all of the base cards, all the way from common nobody players to Trout, Bryant, Harper type players, are put into a 4-row box and sorted by year then set. I will probably end up just donating them, tossing them out or selling them for the cost of shipping because base is worthless and nobody collects it.

$5+ in toploaders - by team; then chronologically

Players that made substantial impact on teams, HOFers ,and my childhood favorites are in team binders

Everything else/duplicates pre-1986 - penny sleeved and in boxes.

Literally everything else boxed up and put in my son's room for him to do with as he pleases.
*I MUST SEND FIRST*
Not interested in GU or AUTO - base, base, base!!!

Baseball - Whit Merrifield, Wil Myers, Yadier Molina
Football - Brady Quinn, Landry Jones, Terry Bradshaw
Basketball - JJ Redick, Dr. J, Bill Walton