`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would This Be An ERROR Card?

Would This Be An ERROR Card?
Friend of mine sent me a picture of a 2011 Topps Update JD Martinez rookie. He has two of them and they're both the base rookie card. However one of the two is missing the "Topps" logo in the upper left. I searched it in the database but Beckett doesn't have an ERROR card for missing the Topps logo. Both cards are identical except for this.

I told him you all are smarter than me, so what do you all think?

RE: Would This Be An ERROR Card?
Not an error. It's a flawed card that missed out on the part of the printing process that would've stamped the Topps logo onto the card. It's not recognized as an error because it's a printing flaw and not a design flaw.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(11-05-2019, 03:07 PM)zeprock Wrote: Not an error. It's a flawed card that missed out on the part of the printing process that would've stamped the Topps logo onto the card. It's not recognized as an error because it's a printing flaw and not a design flaw.
Thanks!

(11-06-2019, 09:18 AM)btrav13 Wrote: Thanks!
You could always tell your buddy to sell it on the bay ... sometimes hardcore PC player collectors will buy anything unique like that.

(Like the Mike Trout "bug" card ...)

(11-07-2019, 03:06 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: You could always tell your buddy to sell it on the bay ... sometimes hardcore PC player collectors will buy anything unique like that.

(Like the Mike Trout "bug" card ...)
That's the exact advice I gave him lol. Told him maybe some die hard fan would want something unique like that in their PC