`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does Topps decide who gets a base card?

How does Topps decide who gets a base card?
It seems funny that there are some players who don't have any cards in Topps Update. For instance no Yadier Molina cards and only two Mike Trout cards. A card with him and Ohtani and one of him with the all star logo on it.

RE: How does Topps decide who gets a base card?
I thought a few years back, the criteria was 1. players involved in trades, called up. 2. Rookie not already having cards. And then there are players really moving up or having great seasons in the minors. After that, I am not sure how Topps finishes the set. As far as your Trout and Ohtani, I don't think things have changed for them, no trades etc. I guess I should ask why you expect them in the set?
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(10-25-2019, 09:24 PM)bamyanks Wrote: I thought a few years back, the criteria was 1. players involved in trades, called up. 2. Rookie not already having cards. And then there are players really moving up or having great seasons in the minors. After that, I am not sure how Topps finishes the set. As far as your Trout and Ohtani, I don't think things have changed for them, no trades etc. I guess I should ask why you expect them in the set?
I just think it's funny that there are no real base cards of Trout and no cards at all of Molina but there is a base card of Billy Hamilton.

Bamyanks is correct. Players that have been trade, Rookie Debute cards and new Rookie cards including All-star game and HR derby. These are pretty much what is involved with the Update version.

Players who have been traded or signed with another team since Topps released their first base set are pictured with their new teams and rookies who have debuted since Topps released their first base set have been the standard since the 1980s. Recently they have added All-Star and Home Run Derby participant cards and some season highlights. You shouldn't expect to see all the same players from the base set in the update set.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html