`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling question...

Selling question...
Not trying to sell this on here, just looking for advice.

I have a very rare set in another sport and I am looking to sell it. It's a high end product and includes multiple big name rookies and HOFers. Most are GU and Autos. One of the "base" cards is numbered /15 so I'm pretty confident it's the only complete 100 card set of this product.

My question is, what would be the best way to sell this set? Leave as a set or break up individually? And where would be the best place to sell it? Ebay? Another message board?
Looking for Ryne Sandberg, Micah Gibbs, and Cubs Topps commons.
Now using paypal shipping so everyone will get a DC number and no more trips to P.O.!
[Image: Ryancards.jpg]

RE: Selling question...
Depends on the sport, set, names, fan base, etc. If it is hockey I can give you a hand. Anything else, I am not knowledgable.

Randi

Was going for being a little vague to not seem like I'm trying to push the product here. But it's a 2006/07 Bowman Sterling Basketball set. The D Wade Auto/Jersey is /15 so I'm 99.9& certain I'm the only person with the complete 100 card set.
Now using paypal shipping so everyone will get a DC number and no more trips to P.O.!

(10-01-2019, 08:16 PM)rimcdonald Wrote: Was going for being a little vague to not seem like I'm trying to push the product here. But it's a 2006/07 Bowman Sterling Basketball set. The D Wade Auto/Jersey is /15 so I'm 99.9& certain I'm the only person with the complete 100 card set.
You could always check ebay. Just base set collectors don't seem to be as many anymore. We seem to be few and far between. You could always try putting the entire set on ebay with a price you feel is reasonable with a "best offer" option, but understand a TON of people are going to send some really, really stupid offers.

When I do this I set a limit. For example you list it for $10 buy it now or best offer. When you're doing your listing there's a box you can check for "automatically decline offers less than" and you fill it in. So you could do $10, accepting offers, automatically decline any offer under $5.

I sold a Ken Griffey Jr autographed printing plate 1/1 recently. I put it up for $500 or best offer. One day I see that there's a "review all offers" next to the listing, but I hadn't seen any offers come to my email. Then I realized why. I chose to decline any offer under $300. I click on it and sure enough ebay had auto-declined two offers for me. $80 and $110.

I always tell people when it comes to ANYTHING (not just cards) something is only worth what another person is willing to give you. Also, if it's a higher end item, you might have to let the listing run it's 30 days then it'll automatically re-list if it doesn't sell. You're counting on finding the right person with the right amount of money to come along and see it. It took the griffey right at 50 days to sell.

I myself will follow individual cards and if I think they are priced too high I'll let them end and I'll get an email that an item I was watching has been re-listed. Sometimes it's re-listed for less than the last time, sometimes it's the exact same price.

The only 06/07 Wade Auto/Relic I can find was numbered to 199 and it sold for $41.99 back on 7/8/19

Thanks. I will probably use ebay with those suggestions.