`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any must see card shops in Minneapolis area?

Any must see card shops in Minneapolis area?
I am in the Minneapolis area for work over the next 3 days and since there are no games going on while I am here I was thinking about seeing if there are any cards shops that are worth stopping in and checking out. I am working in St Michael and staying in Rogers, but will be staying Tuesday night in Minneapolis by the Mall of America.
I am not looking just to go to a shop, but would prefer finding one that has either a really large assortment or some really great deals. I love going through quarter and dollar boxes, so long as they aren't filled with junk. I am also a sucker for cool 90s inserts, especially at great prices. I have plenty of extra room in my suitcase, so a shop with cheap 90s wax would be awesome to find too.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Any must see card shops in Minneapolis area?
I ended up going to Pal's Sports Cards in Andover today. It was a nice and well organized shop. Their facebook pictures showed a bunch of older wax, but when I asked he said they were all out and when it comes in it usually sells out within a few days. So I was a bit unlucky in that regards. I did end up buying a couple 2019 boxes a few random supplies that are harder to find at my LCS and a couple random autograph cards. My favorite being a Anthony Rendon dual jersey auto from 2016 Diamond Kings #'d 01/10.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

Always nice to see LCS's getting some love Smile. How'd you do on the 2019 boxes?

(10-01-2019, 08:18 AM)jplarson Wrote: Always nice to see LCS's getting some love Smile. How'd you do on the 2019 boxes?
I got a mini box of Bowman Chrome and a box of Heritage Minors. I opened the BC last night in my hotel and got a Pete Alonso blue refractor /150 but a no name pitcher auto. I won't open the Heritage Minors until I get back home later in the week.

I visit my son in Eagan at least once a year. When I have a hankering for some more cards I like to hit up Three Star Sportscards. Great service, great selection, and a MASS of singles! If you are a set or player collector, then I would suggest checking them out. 8806 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington, MN

With that said... I would LOVE to land that Alonso auto for my boy! Best wishes!

Randi

(10-01-2019, 05:39 PM)rayeates Wrote: I visit my son in Eagan at least once a year. When I have a hankering for some more cards I like to hit up Three Star Sportscards. Great service, great selection, and a MASS of singles! If you are a set or player collector, then I would suggest checking them out. 8806 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington, MN

With that said... I would LOVE to land that Alonso auto for my boy! Best wishes!

Randi
I would've loved going there but I left last night and am back home. FYI, the Alonso is just the blue refractor not an auto. An auto would've been an awesome hit.