Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help selecting protective cases, new to hobby

Help selecting protective cases, new to hobby
Hello everyone,

I am brand new to the baseball card collecting hobby. When I was a kid I used to collect cards but there were none of these 10x thickness cards and stuff.

I just made a major investment and had ripped through about 10 boxes of diamond icons, 15 boxes of panini immaculate, and a few boxess of topps definitive.

So i have dozens of these awesome cards, but idk what cases to use. I wanted to order some on amazon prime ASAP. I have lots of plain autos as well as the jumbo thick cards, printing plates, etc. Any advice on good well priced cases?

THank you!

RE: Help selecting protective cases, new to hobby
(09-26-2019, 12:16 PM)owlman76 Wrote: ... Ijust made a major investment...
Heh, newb....

Just kidding man, dont know those card sizes but i think you can get a card measurement thing off of the Cardboard Connection site, i.e. a print out that allows you to measure the cards thickness. Then you can buy penny sleeves, top loaders, and one touches as needed.
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(09-26-2019, 03:22 PM)flamethrower Wrote: Heh, newb....

Just kidding man, dont know those card sizes but i think you can get a card measurement thing off of the Cardboard Connection site, i.e. a print out that allows you to measure the cards thickness. Then you can buy penny sleeves, top loaders, and one touches as needed.
where did you find it on cardboard connection?

[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Go to Google and enter "BCW card thickness point gauge" and download the PDF with 4 copies on a sheet to print and cut out.

(09-27-2019, 11:38 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Go to Google and enter "BCW card thickness point gauge" and download the PDF with 4 copies on a sheet to print and cut out.
ok kerry, thanks a lot.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(09-26-2019, 12:16 PM)owlman76 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I am brand new to the baseball card collecting hobby. When I was a kid I used to collect cards but there were none of these 10x thickness cards and stuff.

I just made a major investment and had ripped through about 10 boxes of diamond icons, 15 boxes of panini immaculate, and a few boxess of topps definitive.

So i have dozens of these awesome cards, but idk what cases to use. I wanted to order some on amazon prime ASAP. I have lots of plain autos as well as the jumbo thick cards, printing plates, etc. Any advice on good well priced cases?

THank you!
My general rule is anything worth less than $5 goes in a penny sleeve. $5 up to $50 goes in a slide-in regular mag protector. Over $50 gets a magnetic one-touch thick hard case.