`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another question

another question
I just got back the 19 cards I sent in for grading. One card got an 8 and there were no sub grades. Is this common?

RE: another question
(09-26-2019, 10:14 AM)cspen Wrote: I just got back the 19 cards I sent in for grading. One card got an 8 and there were no sub grades. Is this common?
There is a Beckett grading service option with no subgrades that is cheaper but you would have had to sign up for it.

(09-26-2019, 10:18 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: There is a Beckett grading service option with no subgrades that is cheaper but you would have had to sign up for it.
I sent all 19 cards in the same on the non guaranteed turn around and didn't specify anything different for that one card

Found out that if you send a card in with the non guaranteed turn around, any card that receives less than an 8.5 doesn't get the sub grades.

(09-26-2019, 12:11 PM)cspen Wrote: Found out that if you send a card in with the non guaranteed turn around, any card that receives less than an 8.5 doesn't get the sub grades.
That doesn't sound very fair.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-27-2019, 01:32 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That doesn't sound very fair.
It's not about what's fair. It's about how much $$ your willing to fork over for better grades and service. Beckett's grading prices are pure silliness.

More then a few times I have seen better grades when spending on upgraded service levels then for basic on the exact same card.