`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Shot Here ... Anyone Have This Set?

Long Shot Here ... Anyone Have This Set?
Friends,

So as many of you know by now, I purged about 98 percent of my collection last summer.

And, of course, in the frenzy of offloading that many cards, there were some that I thought I kept that I didn't.

One was a complete set of "Baseball's All-Time Greats" that came with one of those 1980s collecting kits.

1987 Hygrade is the specific name of the kit ... the binder was green.

I got it for my 12th birthday and that basically launched my card collecting career.

Basically, it's a 100 or so card set with green borders and has all of the MLB legends ... Aaron, Ruth, Mantle, etc.

It lists their playing years in the bottom left corner.

I meant to keep it and didn't.

If anyone has that set and can part with it, I can find something worth your while.

PM me, thanks!

RJ

RE: Long Shot Here ... Anyone Have This Set?
I have some singles available from that set. By the way, you may not know that there are at least two versions of each card in that set. One pictures a slightly closer up photo than the other most noticeable when it crops the logo off the hat.

Here's an example:
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(08-22-2019, 04:01 PM)zeprock Wrote: I have some singles available from that set. By the way, you may not know that there are at least two versions of each card in that set. One pictures a slightly closer up photo than the other most noticeable when it crops the logo off the hat.

Here's an example:
Wow, did not know that!

I like that set because it's one small, concise set that has all the big names.

(08-22-2019, 03:04 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Friends,

So as many of you know by now, I purged about 98 percent of my collection last summer.

And, of course, in the frenzy of offloading that many cards, there were some that I thought I kept that I didn't.

One was a complete set of "Baseball's All-Time Greats" that came with one of those 1980s collecting kits.

1987 Hygrade is the specific name of the kit ... the binder was green.

I got it for my 12th birthday and that basically launched my card collecting career.

Basically, it's a 100 or so card set with green borders and has all of the MLB legends ... Aaron, Ruth, Mantle, etc.

It lists their playing years in the bottom left corner.

I meant to keep it and didn't.

If anyone has that set and can part with it, I can find something worth your while.

PM me, thanks!

RJ
I have 31 of them - Take a look if still interested.

Scott

(08-22-2019, 07:28 PM)garrisc Wrote: I have 31 of them - Take a look if still interested.

Scott
Thank you very much, Scott ... I think I'm going to try to track down the set.