`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS First Time Grader Help

BGS First Time Grader Help
I am planning on next week sending in my very first cards ever to get graded. I haven't looked too much into the process of what I need to do, but what I have seen, looks a bit confusing.

Can ya'll give me a step-by-step play of what I need to do to get, lets say, three cards successfully sent in and graded? Like anything I need to do online, print out, and packaging.

Thanks, everyone.

RE: BGS First Time Grader Help
There is a online submission form. You will need too also printed copy too send in with the cards. Just use search for players name then select the card.

I just print out a copy of a submission form and send it with my cards. Just make sure you list all of your cards correctly with declared values, quantities, etc. and select your grading and return delivery options. There are several different shipping and card grading time table options, all costing different amounts. These choices need to be entered into your total on the submission form. The timetable you choose for grading determines the amount it will cost you per card. When shipping out remember to insure your package completely. I always insure for what I believe my cards are worth in the grades I think I'm going to receive. That way if they are lost, I'm going to turn a large profit on my cards.

(12-28-2014, 10:19 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I just print out a copy of a submission form and send it with my cards. Just make sure you list all of your cards correctly with declared values, quantities, etc. and select your grading and return delivery options.
That's the part I had am having questions about.

1- Where do you go to print out a submission form? Or is that done for each card you are sending in?

2- Listing cards correctly... Would it be a good idea to copy exactly the name of the set and card information from the card's page? For example, I would write down "2014 Bowman Platinum Ruby #12 John Smith", or will they be able to tell who or what the card is when it gets there? What happens if you don't list it "correctly"?

3- Declaring values... Would I just jot down the Beckett Value for the card at whatever I think it will grade at? What I think it will sell for if I sold it? I think this one may need a little more explanation.

Click the "grading" tab
click on "grading faq"
on the left side of page, click "print submission form"
List the cards as correctly and fully as possible including year, set, card #, player name and if it's a special insert such as a "platinum ruby" or "All star" etc... In most cases the graders will catch or correct any info you left out or got wrong as they are professionals, but mistakes do happen occasionally.

As for declaring the card values, this is probably more of a moral issue than anything.
I believe honesty is the best policy and write down what I paid for a card, if you pulled it from a pack then look at the beckett high price, or look on ebay completed and see what the average price that card has gone for.
I would never write down the price that the card would be if it grades a certain grade. For example, if you think a card is going to grade a 9.5 and therefore would be worth $60, don't put $60 on the form. There is no guarantee the card would grade a certain number and this only increases your insurance fee.
Also, make sure you read the part about how to send the cards. There is a proper way. If you have anymore question just ask. Good luck and congrats on your first submission.

(12-29-2014, 04:03 AM)altz11 Wrote: Click the "grading" tab
click on "grading faq"
on the left side of page, click "print submission form"
List the cards as correctly and fully as possible including year, set, card #, player name and if it's a special insert such as a "platinum ruby" or "All star" etc... In most cases the graders will catch or correct any info you left out or got wrong as they are professionals, but mistakes do happen occasionally.

As for declaring the card values, this is probably more of a moral issue than anything.
I believe honesty is the best policy and write down what I paid for a card, if you pulled it from a pack then look at the beckett high price, or look on ebay completed and see what the average price that card has gone for.
I would never write down the price that the card would be if it grades a certain grade. For example, if you think a card is going to grade a 9.5 and therefore would be worth $60, don't put $60 on the form. There is no guarantee the card would grade a certain number and this only increases your insurance fee.
Also, make sure you read the part about how to send the cards. There is a proper way. If you have anymore question just ask. Good luck and congrats on your first submission.
There's no guarantee it wouldn't grade that way either. As far as it being a moral issue, that's pretty retarded. You have to pay extra to insure it for what you feel and the likelihood of it being lost is minimal at best. BUT YOU BOUGHT AND PAID FOR THE INSURANCE. If I buy a $2000 card with the intention of grading it and turning a profit, you bet your a$$ if they lose it, they are buying it. Why would you not? So they lose your card at book value, now your out shipping and the cost of insurance. No, they don't refund those as well. They refund your insurance. And I didnt say to declare these values on your beckett submission. I said to do it when your insuring your package to ship from the PO. Moral issue? You can buy life insurance for as much as you like. You see where I'm going with this?

All I'm saying is I put down the value that I paid for the item Not what it's worth when graded. If I bought a card for 20 I'm not going to say it's worth 60 to me so I can "turn a large profit".

I'm also talking about the BGS insurance, not the post office insurance. I've never even bought insurance through usps.
And my point about it being a moral issue is because people lie and say there card is worth more than what it is so they can "turn a large profit" It's not much different than lying on an insurance form but maybe on a smaller scale
"Burglars broke into my home and stole $2000 worth of goods but I'm going to say it's worth $3000" so I can "turn a large profit" you see where I'm going with this right?

Where are you getting lying from? Either your way too slow or just plain can't comprehend. There is no lying involved. When I purchase cards, I have an idea of what I believe they will grade and when I send them out, I insure accordingly. Im saying insure it for more through your PO in case they lose it. My cards are worth more than the actual money to me and if the USPS loses them, I plan on getting compensated for my time, money, aggravation and potential profit in return. But since you brought up Beckett, if you were to insure your cards at say, potential 9's and they came back 7's and 8's, do you think Beckett is going to write you a check because you overpaid? Nope. Their not. You bought that insurance. Guess what? Neither is USPS. And I'm fine with that. I over payed on insurance but had piece of mind knowing if anything happened to my cards, I would be compensated fairly.
Btw, if your going to use " " to quote me, at least get the quote right.
Also, it's really nothing like that. To declare what your item is worth beforehand and pay for it as such is slightly different than having a tragedy and lying about the contents afterwards.

[/quote]

Sending in My Mike trout RC as far as the Card Number goes do i just put 175 or US175?